dipen_95

NA Screen Multi-Line Alarm Message

6 posts in this topic

Hey,

I am fairly new to the NA screen so I didn't get time to research much but for some bizarre reason, if my alarm message is long instead of going to the next line it just continues. Is there a specific way of creating a multiline alarm.

Any suggestion or if you have inside for a crash course on NA screen would be helpful.

Thanks

Alarm message display doesn't wrap lines.  You can consider making an alarm popup screen that would appear when the alarm activates to make more text.

There's a bunch of videos on NA Series on the Omron YouTube site.

Crossbow,

Thanks for the reply. I saw the videos but even if I make let's say I make a pop-up page that displays the alarm, even then the alarm history is a one-liner. Is there a way out of that.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, dipen_95 said:

even then the alarm history is a one-liner.

Use a Label instead of the User Alarms Viewer.

If you really want to use it then remove any unwanted columns and resize the Message column and font size to fit your text to one line. This is the method I've used.

If you use ALT+ENTER to add a second line to the fault message string then the alarms viewer will show both lines.  It won't auto wrap, but if you know a good breaking point for the message you can force a line break yourself.  I've attached a picture of a basic alarm display showing one of my fault messages that I inserted a line break into, and it displays both lines.

Alarm Example.PNG

@AngryRobot Thanks for the inside works a lot better even though it won't do word wrap. It is much more civilized than the way Omron Tech support, and that was to use two alarms to view as one alarm and get more lines out of it.