Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ZMartin

Ge Series One

4 posts in this topic

We have 15 GE Series One and Series One JR Controllers and D3-232-DCU communication unit. I am looking for software to download and upload programs to PLC only. We don't have plans to modify programs, only we need is to simplify upload/download (currently using tape). I guess LogicMaster 1 would do, but we don't have it. Any advice or suggestion is appreciated. Thanks Martin

You will need two separate software packages; Logicmaster 1, and Logicmaster 1 Jr. For the Series One, you can also use TISoft for the TI305 or the Automation Direct package for the DL305. There was also a Siemens version during the time when they sold the product, but I believe that it was just TISoft with a Siemens logo. For the Series One Jr, the only option is GE's Logicmaster 1 Jr. When TI started selling the product line, they dropped the S1 Jr. If you're going to run any of the GE software packages, your best bet would be to run them on an old PC running DOS. You may be able to get them to communicate while running in a DOS window under WIN95 or 98, but I'd expect significant problems with anything newer. I keep an old 386 computer which only runs DOS strictly for dealing with customers who still have Series One, Series Five or Series Six. Also, the Series One Jr. does not permit online monitoring of the program with Logicmaster 1 Jr. All you can do is upload and download the program.

Thanks Steve. Do you know where to get TISoft or LogicMaster 1? Anyone have a copy that's not used? Thanks

ZMartin, I'm now registered as a MRPLC member. If you contact me via email or private message on this forum, I can probably help you out.