Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Liam_M

RS500 with Yaskawa V1000 Ethernet

3 posts in this topic

All,

I have been trying for days to find a way to control a yaskawa v1000 over Ethernet. I have been trying to use explicit messaging but I cannot find the instance class  etc in any of the yaskawa literature. All I can find is to use EDS files with RS5000 but I have a micrologix 1400 and I don't have that capability. If anyone has any recommendations let me know.

Thank You,

Liam M.

In general, the SLC-500 and MicroLogix controllers do not support I/O connections over EtherNet/IP.     Their Ethernet interfaces were never designed or intended to do so.

I am a vocal opponent of attempting to work around this with MSG instructions.    The A-B drives allow you to do so by emulating SLC-500 data tables and having a timeout parameter after which the drive will stop if no MSG instructions reach it.

And the V1000 may have something similar that lets you send CIP explicit messages to its Assembly objects with a timeout, rather than establishing an actual Class 1 Cyclic I/O connection like a ControlLogix would.

But you'll have to find that info in the Yaskawa interface documents.   

What exact interface module are you using on the V1000, or does that drive have an integrated EtherNet/IP port ?

I've interfaced V1000s to CompactLogix with simple AOPs and some basic logic implicitly.  While there is a document from Yaskawa regarding E/IP and data tables, it's not straight forward and includes nomenclature that is not easily translatable to either RSLogix 500 or 5000.  I've used the  SI-EN3/V add on board for the V1000.

Hate to say it, but I think you'll need to work with Yaskawa directly until you both are talking the same language and then start configuring your MSGs.  You might be able to use trial and error and arrive at the solution, but I wouldn't do this on a live process, meaning do this on bench testing equipment.