KY WONG

Parity Error

4 posts in this topic

Any one  have any experience to due with Parity Error when RS485 input can't get? Below is the circuit trace i get. It shown me that Parity Error when input signal from my device. But some of the time I can get the input message completely. Sometime can't. Is there any way to solve it?  

Capture6.JPG

1 hour ago, KY WONG said:

Any one  have any experience to due with Parity Error when RS485 input can't get? Below is the circuit trace i get. It shown me that Parity Error when input signal from my device. But some of the time I can get the input message completely. Sometime can't. Is there any way to solve it?  

Please check that your sending format are correct. I see that after <CR> (0Dh) are follow with <NUL> (00h) that you should correct it in G.OUTPUT first. Then for parity bit error please check that you setting switch setting on QJ71C24N match with slave device configuration.

If you get parity errors randomly, possibly with <null> chars in between, I would suspect wiring issues and possibly electrical noise.

1. Are you using twisted pair cable with shield?
  2. What's the distance between the units and what's the full length of the line?
  3. Did you connect the ground and shield to all connected units?
  4. Did you apply the correct resistors in both ends?