SSK

Need to Origin a Stepper Motor

6 posts in this topic

Dear Friends,

I am doing a pick and place project using stepper motor.programmed movement by PLS2 command and motion are running fine.I want to program origin for the stepper axis.Please help.

i don't know how to origin with a home sensor input.I am using CP1E PLC and stepper driver DM860.

1 hour ago, SSK said:

Dear Friends,

I am doing a pick and place project using stepper motor.programmed movement by PLS2 command and motion are running fine.I want to program origin for the stepper axis.Please help.

i don't know how to origin with a home sensor input.I am using CP1E PLC and stepper driver DM860.

There are origin return function ORG for CP1E. Please check this manual at page 372.

https://assets.omron.eu/downloads/manual/en/v2/w483_cp1e_instructions_reference_manual_en.pdf

Der wasan, I tried to used this command but when I execute PLC going to error mode. Can somebody help me with a model program. 

I have found that how to use ORG function but it use servo I think they should be compatible with stepping motor too.

Please check at this link below at page 148 to 153.

http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CP1/W461-E1-05.pdf

For another method you should check that there are limit switch for CW, CCW and home position

Example      CCW----home----X----------CW

I assume that you are start find origin at X then you start origin search contact to pulse output motor in CW direction until it found home position or CW limit switch.

If it cannot find home position and motor is in CW limit switch then stop motor and change direction to CCW and start motor again as same as CW motor will stop when Motor at home position or CCW limit switch.

Edited by Wasan

There are many ways to origin your stepper. What method are you attempting? What are your operands in your ORG(889) instruction?

Don't forget to set proper Origin Search parameters for the Pulse Output in the PLC Settings as well, if you are using the ORG instruction, or else it will always return an error.
If memory serves me right, you always need to use Mode0 for Origin Search of stepping motor.