Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anhtuandrg

Problem after adding EDS file

9 posts in this topic

Hi Expert,

i have problem when adding eds file for module 1769-ASCII 2 Channel. I downloaded EDS file from Rockwell page, then using EDS installing tool to add Module EDS file for version 2.002. But when I added new module in RSLogix 5000, I couldnot change version of this module to 2.002. It just let me choose version 1.1 to 1.15.

Can you give me some advice on that issue?

Thank you so much!

Hi Tuan,

Which RSlogix 5000 version you use?. You may need newer version of RSlogix 5000 for support 2.2 firmware.

Hi Huy,

I use RSLogix 5000 ver 20.3 and 19.01. I tried to add module in 2 version but it didn’t work.

My form collegue who used this module and download to PLC ver 20.3. Now I upload program but it’s have question mark on this module. In properties of this module it said ver 2.002. Then i tried to install eds file, but the question mark doesnot disappear. So I try to create new project and add this module but had same problem: cannot change to ver 2.002.

Do you have any idea about this problem?

Thanks!

Hi Tuan,

This problem occur because you RSlogix 19 and 20 didn't have Add-On profile for 1769-ASCII version 2.002.

You can download leastest Add-On profile in Rockwell Automation website(https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductDownload.aspx?crumb=112) or contact with local distributor( Servo Dynamics Engineering) for support download them.

Edited by nguyen.huynt
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, nguyen.huynt said:

Hi Tuan,

This problem occur because you RSlogix 19 and 20 didn't have Add-On profile for 1769-ASCII version 2.002.

You can download leastest Add-On profile in Rockwell Automation website(https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductDownload.aspx?crumb=112) or contact with local distributor( Servo Dynamics Engineering) for support download them.

Thanks Huy, i will try to download and intstall add-on profile. I will inform u asap. Thanks a lot for your help!

16 hours ago, nguyen.huynt said:

Hi Tuan,

Thanks Huy, i will try to download and intstall add-on profile. I will inform u asap. Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi Huy,

I did as your advice but I still couldnot change module version to 2.002, even when i restart my computer.

Should I re-install RSLogix 5000?

Thank you!

Hi Tuan,

It work well with me. Lastest Rslogix 5000 Version 19 is 19.1, version 20 is 20.04.

After you add new module, You can change firmware 2.1 to firmware 2.2.

Or you can message to me.

1 person likes this

HI Huy,

I download AOP on AB website but just downloaded the version  version 1.06.05 release on 16 May 2012 . When I opened Install Note I found that version 1.06.05 release on 05/2009.

Is this reason why I couldn’t change to version 2.2? What is version of AOP file that you download from Rockwell website?2018-10-13_23h49_41.thumb.png.be98a5a787

Thank you!

2018-10-13_23h57_26.png

Edited by anhtuandrg