Ekke

GX Works 3 - Online Program Change fails

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Any idea what are cause for this message:

6UKCzmW.jpg

Even simple change like a new Global Label might triggers this. Have used FX5 over 2 years and usually this start to appear after >10000 steps in the program, but in the newest project I get it from almost any minor change and it has less than 5000 steps... Any suggestions how to avoid this? It's getting annoying.. :)

online_change.jpg

Edited by Ekke

Which Firmware version is in de FX5 ?

40 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Which Firmware version is in de FX5 ?

1.030, maybe will try to update..

Updated to 1.065, didn't help.. 

When the size of the target data of online change exceeds 192 K bytes, online change fails and an error message is displayedon the engineering tool. The target data size may exceed 192 K bytes in the following cases:

When the capacity of the edited program file exceeds 192 K byte
When the total capacity of multiple edited program files exceeds 192 K byte
In the above mentioned cases, divide the program file in advance to reduce each file size, avoid performing online change to multiple program files at once (divide the files and perform online change several times), or take other actions.*1
*1Usually, online change is performed to only edited files. However, in the following cases, online change is performed to a file other than the edited file.
· When a global label or structure is changed, the program using the changed global label and structure is a target of online change.
· When FB or FUN is changed, the program using the changed FB and FUN is a target of online change.
For confirmation of the target file for online change and the file capacity, refer to the following.

Can you create some more program files to put your programs in ?

p.s.  v1.102 is the latest firmware for the iQ-F at the moment which now includes bigger program memory and a user webpage and can handle more I/O.

Edited by Gambit

17 hours ago, Gambit said:

When the size of the target data of online change exceeds 192 K bytes, online change fails and an error message is displayed on the engineering tool. The target data size may exceed 192 K bytes in the following cases:

When the capacity of the edited program file exceeds 192 K byte
When the total capacity of multiple edited program files exceeds 192 K byte
In the above mentioned cases, divide the program file in advance to reduce each file size, avoid performing online change to multiple program files at once (divide the files and perform online change several times), or take other actions.*1
*1Usually, online change is performed to only edited files. However, in the following cases, online change is performed to a file other than the edited file.
· When a global label or structure is changed, the program using the changed global label and structure is a target of online change.
· When FB or FUN is changed, the program using the changed FB and FUN is a target of online change.
For confirmation of the target file for online change and the file capacity, refer to the following.

Can you create some more program files to put your programs in ?

p.s.  v1.102 is the latest firmware for the iQ-F at the moment which now includes bigger program memory and a user webpage and can handle more I/O.

Description in 1.101 & 1.102 firmwares says "CPU serial 17X0001 or higher" and mine is 1660420 so skipped those. 

Global label is 3896 and MAIN program 48564 bytes, so shouldn't be a problem.

It's pretty odd that sometimes it handles a lot of changes, but sometimes fails at simple changes. Like.. adding OR-block with 2 labels (that already exists) without connecting OR to anything. And sometimes it works when adding more complex edit like several AND, SET, RST, MOV, comparisons and many labels.

I have tried several thing to find what is causing it, but still no idea since sometimes (too often) it fails with simple changes... :)

Maybe will still try to divide program to smaller pieces. Thanks for the help!

6 hours ago, Ekke said:

It's pretty odd that sometimes it handles a lot of changes, but sometimes fails at simple changes. Like.. adding OR-block with 2 labels (that already exists) without connecting OR to anything. And sometimes it works when adding more complex edit like several AND, SET, RST, MOV, comparisons and many labels.

I have tried several thing to find what is causing it, but still no idea since sometimes (too often) it fails with simple changes... :)

Maybe will still try to divide program to smaller pieces. Thanks for the help!

Online change depends on where (and how many places) in the code are being modified at the same time. For example; if you modify a FB, and you've used that FB two places in the code, "Online-change" will be the sum of all steps starting from the first FB, including all code in-between and including the last FB. That's probably why you are experiencing inconsistent and unreliable online change?

This function will be improved in GXW3 v1.050.

12 minutes ago, GreenMan said:

This function will be improved in GXW3 v1.050.

Ok, nice to know..

I have 1.047Z and since I divided program to several Program Pous, it seems to work better now. Thanks for the help!