diraemon

communication error HMI in proface GP477R-EG11

23 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, can someone help me, to solve my problem with commnunication error. ???

I have plc Q03UDVCPU using module QJ71C24N and HMI proface GP477R-EG11  using RS 422..

I had connected them but still error.. Side hmi that im connect is

10 RDA to SDA

11 SDA to RDB

15 SDB to RDB

16 RDB to SDB

7 SG to SG

Screenshot_2018-10-07-15-36-14.png

Screenshot_2018-10-07-15-35-31.png

Screenshot_2018-10-07-15-59-16.png

Edited by diraemon

I will try it mr. Wasan. Thank you..

On 10/7/2018 at 11:26 PM, Wasan said:

@diraemon You should register at proface website and download this manual to check cable diagram on page 21

https://www.pro-face.com/otasuke/files/manual/plc_connection/v70/mtb/emtb1_1.pdf

i have an ask question for this manual, now I try to connect the built rs 232 in Q02UCPU direct to proface hmi, is it right step I find the cable diagram for the connection?

Screenshot_2018-10-15-07-49-59.png

Screenshot_2018-10-15-07-56-35.png

Screenshot_2018-10-15-07-57-13.png

@diraemon Cable diagram 8 used with FX2N and RS-232 adapter. For Q Direct Connection you should use cable diagram 9 that convert from DB25 to DB9 pin and connect with Mitsubishi cable QC30R2. I have attached wiring diagram for these cables. Please check it.

emtb1_1.pdf

GP477_to_Q_01.jpg

QC30R2.jpg

2 hours ago, Wasan said:
2 hours ago, Wasan said:

@diraemon Cable diagram 8 used with FX2N and RS-232 adapter. For Q Direct Connection you should use cable diagram 9 that convert from DB25 to DB9 pin and connect with Mitsubishi cable QC30R2. I have attached wiring diagram for these cables. Please check it.

emtb1_1.pdf

GP477_to_Q_01.jpg

QC30R2.jpg

but @diraemon Cable diagram 8 used with FX2N and RS-232 adapter. For Q Direct Connection you should use cable diagram 9 that convert from DB25 to DB9 pin and connect with Mitsubishi cable QC30R2. I have attached wiring diagram for these cables. Please check it.

emtb1_1.pdf

GP477_to_Q_01.jpg

QC30R2.jpg

i have to confused I use HMI Proface GP477R and that is the serial communication.
but in conversion adaptor db9 to db25 using pin 20, 6 and 22, there is not straight connection. am I to do something missed?

PROFACE SIO.jpg

13 minutes ago, diraemon said:

i have to confused I use HMI Proface GP477R and that is the serial communication.
but in conversion adaptor db9 to db25 using pin 20, 6 and 22, there is not straight connection. am I to do something missed?

I have check GP447R cable for RS-232. You could use only 2, 3, 4, 5 ,7, 8, 20 to convert to DB9 Pin (don't connect pin 6 and 22). Then create Q30R2 cable and connect it with 25 pin to 9 pin converter.

5 minutes ago, Wasan said:

I have check GP447R cable for RS-232. You could use only 2, 3, 4, 5 ,7, 8, 20 to convert to DB9 Pin (don't connect pin 6 and 22). Then create Q30R2 cable and connect it with 25 pin to 9 pin converter.

without connected the signal DR?  I will try to make the cable com manual din6 to db25 again sir

11 minutes ago, diraemon said:

without connected the signal DR?  I will try to make the cable com manual din6 to db25 again sir

There are no DR on 25 pin they use ER(pin 20) and CS(pin 5) on GP477R instead.

2 hours ago, Wasan said:

There are no DR on 25 pin they use ER(pin 20) and CS(pin 5) on GP477R instead.

i've done trying make own communication serial cable with din6 (port PLC) to DB25(proface) with : 1 RD to 2 SD, 2 SD to 3 RD, 3 SG to 7 SG, 5 DSR to 20 ER and  6 ER to 5 CS.
but still error in alarm PLC NOT RESPONDING (02:FE) and RECEIVE DATA ERROR (02:FD).

1 hour ago, diraemon said:

i've done trying make own communication serial cable with din6 (port PLC) to DB25(proface) with : 1 RD to 2 SD, 2 SD to 3 RD, 3 SG to 7 SG, 5 DSR to 20 ER and  6 ER to 5 CS.
but still error in alarm PLC NOT RESPONDING (02:FE) and RECEIVE DATA ERROR (02:FD).

Please connect 6 (DTR from Mini Din 6 Pin) to  5(CS) and 6 (DSR) on DB-25.

20 minutes ago, Wasan said:

Please connect 6 (DTR from Mini Din 6 Pin) to  5(CS) and 6 (DSR) on DB-25.

I"ve done connect pin 5 and 6 (jumper in hmi) to pin 6 (PLC)..
but its still the same cannot connect..

4 minutes ago, diraemon said:

I"ve done connect pin 5 and 6 (jumper in hmi) to pin 6 (PLC)..
but its still the same cannot connect..

Do you have correct setting as shown at page 62?

GP477_to_Q_02.jpg

Just now, Wasan said:

Do you have correct setting as shown at page 62?

GP477_to_Q_02.jpg

yes sir, I've done do it too, in GX works im not check the checkbox " use serial communication"..

plc comser.jpeg

proface comser.jpeg

is there a possibble not support type PLC and hmi?

15 minutes ago, diraemon said:

is there a possibble not support type PLC and hmi?

Which protocol that you use in  GP-PRO/PBIII?

2 hours ago, Wasan said:

Which protocol that you use in  GP-PRO/PBIII?

i cant find the protocol setting but found this in manual,,  until now I have not succeeded in connecting Q02UCPU to GP477R-EG11

proface sio protocol.jpg

7 minutes ago, diraemon said:

i cant find the protocol setting but found this in manual,,  until now I have not succeeded in connecting Q02UCPU to GP477R-EG11

If I don't remember wrong it is in bottom left corner on GP-Pro/PBIII Home Page

GP_Pro_PBIII_01.jpg

10 minutes ago, Wasan said:

If I don't remember wrong it is in bottom left corner on GP-Pro/PBIII Home Page

GP_Pro_PBIII_01.jpg

I used melsec Q(CPU) for Q02UCPU, am I wrong select this choice?

PROFACE software.jpg

2 hours ago, diraemon said:

I used melsec Q(CPU) for Q02UCPU, am I wrong select this choice?

On Proface Brochure they tell that can support Melsec-Q CPU.

https://www.profaceamerica.com/sites/default/files/cms/cms/resource_library/datasheets/5a95b2220431ee0d/gp_477r_monochrome.pdf

and in Connection manual describe that for Q02CPU use Mitsubishi Melsec-Q (CPU) and your GP-Pro/PBIII and GX Developer setting are correct.

https://www.hmisource.com/otasuke/files/manual/plc_connection/v70/mtb/emtbdvl.pdf

You should restart all device and check link cable again.

EDITED: I have found GP2000 series Serial port diagram that have pin 6 to DR but GP477 have not.

Maybe this is shown that cannot connect GP477R with Q02UCPU?

but try to check cable again and will discuss about this again.

GP_PBIII_01.jpg

Edited by Wasan
Add Image

15 hours ago, Wasan said:

On Proface Brochure they tell that can support Melsec-Q CPU.

https://www.profaceamerica.com/sites/default/files/cms/cms/resource_library/datasheets/5a95b2220431ee0d/gp_477r_monochrome.pdf

and in Connection manual describe that for Q02CPU use Mitsubishi Melsec-Q (CPU) and your GP-Pro/PBIII and GX Developer setting are correct.

https://www.hmisource.com/otasuke/files/manual/plc_connection/v70/mtb/emtbdvl.pdf

You should restart all device and check link cable again.

EDITED: I have found GP2000 series Serial port diagram that have pin 6 to DR but GP477 have not.

Maybe this is shown that cannot connect GP477R with Q02UCPU?

but try to check cable again and will discuss about this again.

GP_PBIII_01.jpg

yes sir,, I've check http://www.pro-face.com/product/soft/gpproex/driver/driver.html

and assume if replacement GP477R to GP4000s have same the pin signal and
I found same as you sent pin assignment in above in this manual https://www.hmisource.com/otasuke/files/replace/GP477R_to_GP4000_e.pdf page 42 and
I check cable Q Series CPU Direct that compatible ( CA3-CBLQ-01 & QC30R2 ) and checked the cable communication that I make manual..
but still error in alarm PLC NOT RESPONDING (02:FE) and RECEIVE DATA ERROR (02:FD)..
i dont know what I miss

proface gp477r to g4000series.jpg

13 minutes ago, diraemon said:

yes sir,, I've check http://www.pro-face.com/product/soft/gpproex/driver/driver.html

and assume if replacement GP477R to GP4000s have same the pin signal and
I found same as you sent pin assignment in above in this manual https://www.hmisource.com/otasuke/files/replace/GP477R_to_GP4000_e.pdf page 42 and
I check cable Q Series CPU Direct that compatible ( CA3-CBLQ-01 & QC30R2 ) and checked the cable communication that I make manual..
but still error in alarm PLC NOT RESPONDING (02:FE) and RECEIVE DATA ERROR (02:FD)..
i dont know what I miss

I think GP477 lack DR(DTR) signal at pin 6. You should contact Proface about this.

On 10/17/2018 at 9:58 AM, Wasan said:

I think GP477 lack DR(DTR) signal at pin 6. You should contact Proface about this.

thx you for ur help sir, i replaced the hmi with mitsubishi again..