Automator59

G9SP Configurator

8 posts in this topic

I am at a client site that has a line with multiple Omron G9SP-N20S safety controllers installed and I need to make a modification to the system.  I tried to install the Omron Configurator and it asks for a serial number, and will not install without one.  Omron said that it is on the CD that ships with the unit, but the equipment manufacturer did not supply any of the CDs.  The only Omron solution is to order a replacement CD, that will take 5 days, which is 5 days too long as there is a hard stop in 2 days.  I have tried entering numbers found on the controller, with no success.  Does anyone have a better way, special contacts at Omron, to et it faster?

There is no such CD program that ships with the G9SP unit.
What Omron meant is that the serial number comes with the CD, should you buy the software.
Of course entering the numbers printed on the G9SP unit won't work. It was never a free software.

Faster way is (maybe) to ask Omron field engineers to come to the site... with charges of course...

Edited by innoaloe

There were some promos in the past where software was given out with the PLC, those customers were given a serial number.  I haven't seen that promo in several years.

If you purchase the software, I would suspect that technical support (800-55-OMRON) could give you a number to activate it with proof of purchase.  That would at least remove the days of waiting and get you operational.

Are you asking for one?

18 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

Are you asking for one?

Hope not...

2 hours ago, gnana31 said:

That's a great way to get banned..

yup and it is done...