JJK

RXDU

9 posts in this topic

I am currently using the TXDU & RXDU command on a CS1. I have the TXDU functioning without any concerns. I am having difficulty seeing the received data (expected ACK  06). I can see the Reception Counter with the expected Nos of Bytes but when the RXDU is executed the count clears and no data in the allocated destination word D7000. I currently have the RXDU set up with no start or end code and the completion flag is used for the correct number of bytes.

I have also tried this using a different command which has a response of 2 bytes including end code 0D. Set up the serial settings to match, using the end code and I get the same issue. The RXDU is executed but no change of data in the Destination Word. expected 020d

Any advise much appreciated. What am I missing, ripping my hair out!!

Thanks

If you post your code, someone should be able to see where the issue might be

control word 1 #0001

control word 2 #6113

received word D7050

and A202.6 and 1584.6 in loginc 

1 hour ago, JJK said:

control word 1 #0001

control word 2 #6113

received word D7050

and A202.6 and 1584.6 in loginc 

Simple text descriptions don't show your code sorry

On 10/3/2018 at 10:24 PM, lostcontrol said:

If you post your code, someone should be able to see where the issue might be

Sorry Upload of code keeps failing

Just to confirm, this is unit 3, right?

What do you have for N in the RXDU command?

It should be set to n+10 (1585). 

If you run the test with an end code set to 0D, and then send 02 0D to the port, you would only have a size of 1 and would only receive a 02 value.  The end code is stripped away.  

Thanks for the reply.

Yes Unit 3. I currently have &1 set for N in the RXDU. I did try the 1585 previously and still nothing displayed/change in D7050.

I also have the port setting: No-Protocol Number of receive data bytes set to 1 also and I can modify this to get my completion flag to rise. Therefore I know this is working as expected

2 hours ago, JJK said:

I also have the port setting: No-Protocol Number of receive data bytes set to 1 also and I can modify this to get my completion flag to rise. Therefore I know this is working as expected

So, changing the number of bytes works, but not the end code?  I would guess that either you don't have the end code specified correctly, or the end code is not actually in the data.

There are two responses I get from the unit: one is 020D and the other is an ACK or NAK with no end code. When I set the unit with either end code or no of bytes I never see anything in the received buffer