Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Aart Rietveld

1:1-link

5 posts in this topic

Today I tried to connect a CQM1-41 to a CPM1A using the 1:1-link feature. I set the CQM1 as master and CPM1A as slave but couldn't get any connection between both PLC's. An engineer from Omron (the Netherlands) also couldn't get a connection between a CQM1 and a CPM1A at his office. As I became desparate after many hours of faultfinding i found that the connection started working after i set both PLC's to master !! Is this a normal behaviour ? Regards, Aart Rietveld The Netherlands

Please check your settings again. This is not reasonable. 1. What software are you using? 2. Check with a Data Memory Editor what the value of DM6645. It should be #2000 for slave and #3000 for master.

Hi Jay, We use Syswin 3.2 (I don't like CX...) I set the PLC-setup using the Syswin and I've checked the DM-register. It was set to 3000 for the master and 2000 for the slave. I didn't check the setting of the DM-register after I set both PLC's to master. I found this "solution" by accident when i tried to reverse the master an slave. When the CQM1 is master and the CPM1A is set as slave the comm.-lights on both PLC's are off. When I reverse master and slave I can see some flashes at the indicators but do not get any data through. When I set both as master the comm-lights are almost continuous on (some very fast flickering). In this case it seems that the CQM1 acts as master (LR00 to LR07 are linked to the CPM1A). I did not test the data-transmission from the CPM1A tot the CQM1 yet. Regards, Aart Rietveld

I would check both directions for correct data showing up in LR00-07 and LR08-15. Set the CIF01 adater switch to NT (down.) Also check the cable to see if it is wired as below:

Check the new version of Cx (3.x) when it comes out. It is really very good from what I have seen of it. Syswin does not support the CS1 or CJ1 rocket ships.