kku

EtherCAT Configuration

4 posts in this topic

My NX7 controller all of a sudden lost the EtherCAT configuration today. The safety PLC was in fault and some of the safety I/O slices on the NX EtherCAT coupler are missing. How does this happen and how do I fix it? I tried to download the configuration using synchronize but I keep getting coupler and NX-SL3 safety PLC errors. I connected to the coupler using USB and the actual configuration is missing some slices?

Missing safety slices.png

I only see an option to 'Apply Actual Unit Configuration' but nothing about going the other way. 

The coupler is in error so is this why I can't send the project configuration with all the slices back to the coupler?

The NX-SL3 safety PLC is in error because of these missing slices?

Safety PLC.png

Edited by kku

It could be that one of the slices is broken and that this is causing the issue.

Sometimes merging or applying the actual configuration doesn't work. Connect to the coupler via USB. You now first have to remove the actual configuration by doing

a Clear All Memory action.  After this try again to make a new (actual) configuration. I even had it once that it said that the downloaded and actual configuration were identical, but still wouldn't run. 

Knipsel.JPG

I ended up removing the slices with the 'red exclamation' marks powering down the PLC and the coupler. All I did after is reinsert the slices and powering everything back up. Now everything is working again. What a pain. 

We had a power outage this past weekend but I am not sure if this is related to the power outage/flickering. 

What happened is the connection between two module must have been loose.  Make sure you put end stops on the assembly to prevent them from vibrating or shifting.

When Compare and Merge says a module was removed, it's a sure sign of a loose connection because it can't see it.  And all downstream modules will also be missing, as your image shows.

Your loose connection was between the second and third SID800, as the third is showing removed.