StarWing

Fx3U range compare

6 posts in this topic

I have a range of markers, for example M500-520 which I use for fault diagnosis. Is there an instruction which I can use to set a device (Y, M, S, ...) if one of the markers in this range activates ?

I looked at the programming manual and tried a couple of things with compare and word devices, but I cant' figure it out. Alternatively I can put them all parallel and set a device, but there must be an easiers way I think.

Why don’t you just check the value of k5m500 of if it other than 0. Set a bit.

Or, if you have a large range (or a range that does not fit into 16 bits), just do a FOR-NEXT loop over the range...

48 minutes ago, kaare_t said:

Or, if you have a large range (or a range that does not fit into 16 bits), just do a FOR-NEXT loop over the range...

As @kaare_t said you can use for loop to check which M between M500 to M520 are on.As in example below if there are some bits on will set M522 to On you can modify number of M to check by adjust D0 value

FX_Loop_Check.jpg

Edited by Wasan

Thanks for the replies guys,

I managed to acomplish this by the FNC224 LD Data comparison function.

In short words, compare K5M500 greater or equal with K1 and write to Mxxx

I usually use not equal to 0. You might be all right because you're using 5 nibbles, but if you use 4 (INT) or 8 (DINT), then the most significant bit acts like a sign bit, which means if it's on the value of the grouped bits will be negative.