TheDude_Abides

SLC 100

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am a maintenance electrician at a hammer forge in the southeast. We have an old Ceco 2000# drop hammer that has a slc 100 controller in it. its already lost output 12 and the cooling vents have had milscale infiltrating them for some time. Ive been an electrician for 12 years but have only recently started programming PLC's. I am familiar with RsLogix500 and have written several programs. I have inherited an extremely old electrical system when I took this job and am trying to do some updating. I plan on replacing the slc100 with a Micrologix 1000 or 1200. Is there a way I can pull the program from the slc100? I do have a handheld programmer and I can go line by line if I have to. Just trying to figure out a quicker and more cost effective manner. Im not interested in buying a 20 year old computer or lugging a desktop out to the work center. Any help would be appreciated.

Justin

We have about 8-10 of these things in service. If you have or can get a copy of SLC Logistics, it will run on an XP computer (or virtual machine) and this adapter will connect via USB:

https://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-plc-slc-100-150-usb-1745-pcc-cable/

I think one of our electricians even got it to work using DOSBOX on a Win7 x64 machine, but that may have just been the PLC2 software.

THanks for the reply’s fellas. I will definitely give it a shot. I’ll take a look at it tmrw and reply with any questions in the morning. I appreciate the directional heading.

+1 on the PCIS software. I've used it in both a Win3.1 virtual machine and in a WinXP virtual machine. If you can get your hands on an older laptop with WinXP and a serial port, that'll be easier than messing with an emulator or virtual machine. Note you will need the serial cable adapter for it.

Edit: You will still have to hand-convert the code. It won't automatically convert to RSLogix 500.

Edited by JRoss

So, instead of trying to pull the old program I just went ahead and rewrote it on rs500. I can debug once i do the changeout. Thanks for the help guys.