diraemon

QJ1C24N to barcode Omron V400-R2. Connection HELP...

24 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone. I'm new here.
Hoping to get help to operate the Omron V400-R2 barcode to the Mitsubishi QJ71C24N so that they can communicate the two devices with the correct method. PLC: Mitsubishi: Q03UDVCPU; barcode: Omron V400-R2; serial communication module: QJ71C24N. I use RS 232 communication cable, I have tried using predefined protocol and non protocol procedures but still can't communicate the two devices.
I really appreciate your help.

Can you be more clear about your problem ?

I would use pre-defined protocol.

thank you 

On 9/10/2018 at 0:50 AM, Gambit said:

Can you be more clear about your problem ?

I would use pre-defined protocol.

Thank you Mr. Gambit for seeing this thread,
I'm just still confused by how to communicate these two devices, 

I use barcode omron V400-r2 to PLC mitsubishi. 

I have followed your advice and fixed the ladder but both devices still not connected.
Like the picture I attach, the protocol status only "sending".. NO error but why the SD and RD indicators in the QJ71C24N series module are not ON.. ?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.6848a33807c628dbfce3b correction and.

Untitled1.jpg

Looks to me that  you have send a string but there is no reply.
In your pre-defined protocol you can set the wait time. This is probably on default infinite wait.
You should change this to 5 sec or so. So you will get an error after this time when there is no answer.

You should see the SD let lite up once when you activate X30

Edited by Gambit

Maybe you should hyperterminal software (e.g. hercules) and connect V400-R2 to your computer to see that how data frame send from baecode scanner

I have ever use COGNEX Dataman to QJ71C24N that use only G.INPUT instruction to to recieve data from barcode scanner use non procedure protocol

for V200-R2 there are default parameter as below

Communication speed   9600 bps

Data length                             8 bits

Parity                                       None

Stop bit                                    1 bit

Header                                    None

Footer                                        CR

if you need to connect with QJ71C24N CH1 (RS-232)  you should config as shown below

1. Set switch setting with parameter 9600/8/none/1/Non Procedure protocol

QJ71C24N_G_Input_01.jpg

2. Adjust Footer Receive from 3338 (<CR LF>, [H0D0A]) to 13 (<CR>, [H0D]) then Save parameter to PLC

QJ71C24N_G_Input_02.jpg

3. G.INPUT program describe as below (This program has set QJ71C24N at Slot 0 Start Address 0000)

D0 - Channel No. of QJ71C24N that you use

D3 - Allowable number of receive data

X3 - CH1 Normal Read

X4 - CH1 Abnormal Read

QJ71C24N_G_Input_03.jpg

4. Receive data management

M0 - Flag Read

M1 - Flag error read

D2 - Receive data count

D110 - Destination receive data

QJ71C24N_G_Input_04.jpg

5. Error clear

X0E - CH1 Error Occurrence

Y0E - CH1 Error Clear Request

QJ71C24N_G_Input_05.jpg

for more information please check link below

http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc/sh080006/sh080006u.pdf

https://industrial.omron.us/en/media/V400-R2_UsersManual_en_201303_Z333-E1-01A_tcm849-114187.pdf

Edited by Wasan

20 hours ago, Gambit said:

Looks to me that  you have send a string but there is no reply.
In your pre-defined protocol you can set the wait time. This is probably on default infinite wait.
You should change this to 5 sec or so. So you will get an error after this time when there is no answer.

You should see the SD let lite up once when you activate X30

I've tried giving the monitoring time = 7s and try different time too. Its respon with error in module. But i cant see indicator the SD lite up when I activated X30. I dont know if I do something wrong with this predefined protocol ?

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.49af94beb3f3ea0749cc

Edited by diraemon

18 hours ago, Wasan said:

Maybe you should hyperterminal software (e.g. hercules) and connect V400-R2 to your computer to see that how data frame send from baecode scanner

I have ever use COGNEX Dataman to QJ71C24N that use only G.INPUT instruction to to recieve data from barcode scanner use non procedure protocol

if you need to connect with QJ71C24N CH1 (RS-232)  you should config as shown below

QJ71C24N_G_Input_01.jpg

2. Adjust Footer Receive from 3338 (<CR LF>, [H0D0A]) to 13 (<CR>, [H0D]) then Save parameter to PLC

QJ71C24N_G_Input_02.jpg

3. G.INPUT program describe as below (This program has set QJ71C24N at Slot 0 Start Address 0000)

X3 - CH1 Normal Read

X4 - CH1 Abnormal Read

QJ71C24N_G_Input_03.jpg

M0 - Flag Read

M1 - Flag error read

D2 - Receive data count

QJ71C24N_G_Input_04.jpg

5. Error clear

QJ71C24N_G_Input_05.jpg

http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc/sh080006/sh080006u.pdf

https://industrial.omron.us/en/media/V400-R2_UsersManual_en_201303_Z333-E1-01A_tcm849-114187.pdf

Thankyou Mr. Wasan. I have tried to use this method too but no response when I trigger the device to barcode..  Does barcode wiring use cognex and omron v400-r2 the same?

47 minutes ago, diraemon said:

Thankyou Mr. Wasan. I have tried to use this method too but no response when I trigger the device to barcode..  Does barcode wiring use cognex and omron v400-r2 the same?

There are some different but use wiring RXD TXD and GND are same. I think you should use serial communication software (e.g. hyperterminal, hercules) to check how data come from Barcode Scanner first because either PreDefined Protocol or Non Procedure Protocol would check data frame that match with their data frame or not.If not error would occur. Maybe you should swap RXD and TXD barcode scanner with QJ71C24N and you should connect pin 4 (DTR) to pin 6 (DSR) and pin 7 (RTS) to pin 8 (CTS) too.

QJ71C24N_Wiring_01.jpg

Edited by Wasan

Just now, Wasan said:

There are some different but use RXD TXD and GND are same. I think you should use serial communication software (e.g. hyperterminal, hercules) to check how data come from Barcode Scanner first because either PreDefined Protocol or Non Procedure Protocol would check data frame that match with their data frame or not.If not error would occur.

can I know which one port can be use to connect the cable barcode RS232 to (RJ45/vga port/ usb/ HDMI) in notebook?

8 minutes ago, diraemon said:

can I know which one port can be use to connect the cable barcode RS232 to (RJ45/vga port/ usb/ HDMI) in notebook?

You should use USB to RS-232 cable as this when you install driver and connect it there are COM port (e.g. COM3) generate on device manage then use HyperTerminal or Hercules connect COM port with Barcode Scanner and check how data come from it.

https://www.moxa.com/product/UPort_1110.htm

m20150323173802.jpg

13 minutes ago, Wasan said:

You should use USB to RS-232 cable as this when you install driver and connect it there are COM port (e.g. COM3) generate on device manage then use HyperTerminal or Hercules connect COM port with Barcode Scanner and check how data come from it.

https://www.moxa.com/product/UPort_1110.htm

m20150323173802.jpg

thankyou for the advice Mr. Wasan.. I will try it..

Edited by diraemon

Just now, diraemon said:

thankyou for the advice sir.. can't I make a wiring manual cable with RS232 to LAN port notebook ?

If you need to convert LAN to RS-232 you should use Serial Device Server to create virtual com port same as UPort 1100 but for this project I don't recommend beacause it has more price than USB to RS-232 Converter. For detail please check link below.

https://www.moxa.com/product/NPort_5100A.htm

MOXA_Nport_5110A_01.jpg

2 hours ago, diraemon said:

I've tried giving the monitoring time = 7s and try different time too. Its respon with error in module. But i cant see indicator the SD lite up when I activated X30. I dont know if I do something wrong with this predefined protocol ?

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.49af94beb3f3ea0749cc

Arre you trying to execute protocol 1 or 2 ?

You should set the receive wait time it is on infinite wait rigth now

Edited by Gambit

22 hours ago, Gambit said:

Arre you trying to execute protocol 1 or 2 ?

You should set the receive wait time it is on infinite wait rigth now

I tried again by creating a new protocol, protocol 5 was executed and I also checked the error in the cable ...
"start monitoring" X3 is ON and the barcode is successfully connected, when I press the "scan button" on the v400-r2 barcode, finally the predefined reading is successful and the data is stored on the D1000 like the image I attached. but for the second reading, when pressing "scan button" the data on D1000 does not change ... I have to select "stop monitoring" in the toolbar then repeat by pressing X30 again so that the second reading can be done, is it really the way it works like that? and even in M0 the status is always OFF?

PREDEFINED.thumb.jpg.9d90ad776fd8ed8b812

On 9/12/2018 at 1:54 AM, Wasan said:

QJ71C24N_G_Input_01.jpg

QJ71C24N_G_Input_02.jpg

X3 - CH1 Normal Read

X4 - CH1 Abnormal Read

QJ71C24N_G_Input_03.jpg

M0 - Flag Read

M1 - Flag error read

D2 - Receive data count

QJ71C24N_G_Input_04.jpg

5. Error clear

QJ71C24N_G_Input_05.jpg

i have done do your advise to check with hyperterminal and now the both devices can connection. I also have tried non procedure and that working now. I just press the "scan button" in V400-r2 for reading barcode and it can read different codes repeatedly without select the X83 and even in M0  the status is always OFF? is it really the way it works like that?

5b9b567cc159f_NONPROCEDURE.thumb.jpg.504

When QJ71C24N receive data X83 willl be automatically on you don't necessary to on it

M0 will on one cycle scan you cannot see it.It is OK as long as M1 is off if it on that means there are some error occur.

Edited by Wasan

3 hours ago, Wasan said:

When QJ71C24N receive data X83 willl be automatically on you don't necessary to on it

M0 will on one cycle scan you cannot see it.It is OK as long as M1 is off if it on that means there are some error occur.

I learned a lot after completing this project. Really thankyou Mr. Wasan..

I have something strange issue. Setting is done properly and i can see clearly on module circuit trace that data is receiving but on plc the data only coming after 1 minute. What will be the issue. 

Mr wasan do you know what the parameter settings are for the magellan 1100i scanner, I used your ladder but after the first scan, there was no change in the second scan. it stuck in first barcode scanned

On 19/8/2563 at 9:12 AM, Bobby Gord said:

Mr wasan do you know what the parameter settings are for the magellan 1100i scanner, I used your ladder but after the first scan, there was no change in the second scan. it stuck in first barcode scanned

Maybe you should check that which delimiter that your scanner use for QJ71C24N are H0D0A. You need to match this from QJ71C24N and scanner.

23 hours ago, Bobby Gord said:

Can you tell me, how to check the delimiter please....

You can check on this photo from Magellan 1100i manual as shown below.

Barcode_01.thumb.jpg.6cf9afa3430ab7baf1c

If it stay default it should be 0Dh (<CR>) and in PLC delimiter setting should be 0D too

On 14/9/2561 at 1:43 PM, diraemon said:

QJ71C24N_G_Input_02.jpg

Mr. Wasan can you tell me to store the scanning result into database, variable or anything inside the PLC?

i need to store more than 100 scanning result

here is the barcode

Thank you......

Numbering.JPG