underwater

fx3u FX3u-enet-adp and C# communication using Ethernet TCP/IP

7 posts in this topic

Anyone know any free libary to communication with FX3u-enet-adp, please help me ?

Note: I've used mx Component , it work very well but it is too expensive and I dont even know it can work in windows server 2012/2016 or not. 

one more question, Is there otherway to make program run in other computer without install mx compoment, it is very huge to install in every client computer

Thank for reading and sorry for my bad english

Edited by underwater

I don't think there exists any free open libraries for this. However, you should be looking into ModbusTCP which has loads of free libraries/classes for C# on the internet. I don't remember if FX3U-ENET-ADP supports ModbusTCP, but there are libraries for the non-ADP module from Mitsubishi, and most built-in ports from Mitsubishi now supports ModbusTCP. Which CPU are you using?

It's fairly easy to develop on ModbusTCP so this is a good and solid choice.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, kaare_t said:

I don't think there exists any free open libraries for this. However, you should be looking into ModbusTCP which has loads of free libraries/classes for C# on the internet. I don't remember if FX3U-ENET-ADP supports ModbusTCP, but there are libraries for the non-ADP module from Mitsubishi, and most built-in ports from Mitsubishi now supports ModbusTCP. Which CPU are you using?

It's fairly easy to develop on ModbusTCP so this is a good and solid choice.

my plc engineer told me cpu we used that does not support  modbus 

can you tell me which mitsubishi cpu support modbus

thank for help

Edited by underwater

Yeah, I just verified it and the ADP module does not support ModbusTCP. It depends on which CPU you are using today... It's hard to recommend an upgrade CPU without knowing which one you have at present time... But the MC protocol is documented via Mitsubishi, so you could write that one in C#. It's listed in the complete manual for the ADP module I believe.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, kaare_t said:

Yeah, I just verified it and the ADP module does not support ModbusTCP. It depends on which CPU you are using today... It's hard to recommend an upgrade CPU without knowing which one you have at present time... But the MC protocol is documented via Mitsubishi, so you could write that one in C#. It's listed in the complete manual for the ADP module I believe.

Do you know to use mx compoment in other PC without " Communication Setup Utility "?

Do You use HMI in Your project? If yes, it may be easier to get ModbusTCP communication through HMI Ethernet port.