wlederer

How to configure Data Locations in Vijeo

4 posts in this topic

Hi my dear colleagues,

I tried to configure data location for the text file used with text display. It works if loaded to main drive. But, if I point to secondary or optional drive the system doesn't even allow me to download the program to HMI. Error 1850..secondary drive not found.

I noticed in the property inspector, that the windows for Secondary and Optional drive are grey. The Vijeo Designer V6.2 and HMIG3U with three USB ports (one mini and 2 usual) and one SD port are used. 

May be, they are all disabled somewhere, with a hardware switch? But, even if the windows were active, I have no idea, what to put into them, to configure SD or USB as secondary or optional drive. Please, help.

regards, Waldemar

DataLocations.PNG

Edited by wlederer

So do you have a pen drive or cf card plugged into the ports of the hmi?

OK i found this in the help file. The type of screen you are using doesnt use secondary or optional drives. It only uses main drive with an SD card.

Under secondary and optional drives this hmig3u is shown at all.

hmig3u.JPG

Thank You cHud for the answer. Is it possible to tell HMI to look for the text file in SD card (not in internal memory)?

It would allow to modify the test procedure  without need to change HMI program. What, actually,  the SD card can be used for in the HMIG3U?

Edited by wlederer