JRoss

A800 as Standalone Motion Axis

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone used the A800 with encoder card as a standalone motion axis? I'm looking at upgrading some Danfoss drives with SyncPos motion cards for a customer. I can go full bore and replace the drives and motors with servos, or I could attempt to just replace the drives and leave the original motors and encoders for about half the cost.

I would say it depends on your application. I've used A800 with encoders, both one single axis (feeder board), and also 4 together (elevator application). If you don't need high-speed point-tables, cam-control/virtual axis then it will most often work with frequency drives and original motors... What's the application?

Huh, for some reason emails from MrPLC started going into my spam folder, and I just found this.

The programs in the motion card are pretty basic. Jog forward and reverse. Homing with some variation based on direction and location of the home sensor. Absolute positioning to fixed positions. One of the drives switches to torque mode for a period of time to seat a mold in place

bump