Remon2000i

1336 plus (45 A /22 kw)

23 posts in this topic

Hey guys 

I need to your support 

I have plc system Slc503 connected to 1336 plus via 1747-sn scanner and remote I/O module 1336 GM1.

Communication led at scanner fixed green and four leds at remote I/O module 1336 GM1 green . it mean I already have true communication between plc system and 1336 plus VFD .

when I give order to plc system the VFD didnt carry out the order . when I press on start button on HIM module at vfd the frequancy go out from the VFD and motors working .

THE PROBLEM : VFD DIDNT RESPONSE FOR PLC SYSTEM 

KNOWING THE PROGRAMING POINTS AT VFD 

NO 6: FREQUENCY SELECT :PRESET F2

NO 7 :ACCEL TIME :14 SEC

NO 8: DECEL TIME :14 SEC

NO 10:STOP SELECT1 :RAMP 

NO 12 :DC HOLD TIME :12 SEC 

NO 13: DC HOLD LEVEL :50%

NO 19: MAXIMUM FREQUACY :48 HZ

NO :28 PRESET FREQUANCY 2: 48 HZ

NO :111 DATA IN A1 :28

NO :119 DATA OUT A1 :66

NO : 177 MOTOR NP RPM:950 rpm

NO :178 MOTOR NP HERTZ : 50 HZ

NO :190 MOTOR NP VOLTS :415 V

WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE VFD 1336 PLUS RESPONSE FOR PLC SYSTEM ?

ALOT OF THANKS TO ALL 

BEST REGARDS 

Which command from the PLC did it not respond to?

1 person likes this

When plc give vfd frequency to work on it .

Best regards 

Edited by Remon2000i

Disclaimer: I've worked with some 1336PLUS drives, but they all use analog signals for their speed commands, not communications.

Look at NO. 6, where it's set to Preset frequency. If the drive is looking at preset frequency, it will ignore other frequency commands. Also make sure your frequency command is between your min/max frequency settings.

Are you writing to the preset frequency parameter #28?

Page 2-26 of the user manual talks about this some.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1336s-um001_-en-p.pdf

1 person likes this

Thanks for your reply 

yes I wrote parameter no 28 =48 .

and i didn’t have TB3 at all in my drive .

thanks for your support.

best regards 

28008883-1F72-4526-889A-22C6D372177C.jpeg

D1A1D070-980B-4696-9E63-E18AE56F9981.jpeg

Edited by Remon2000i

Thanks for your reply 

yes I wrote parameter no 28 =48 .

and i didn’t have TB3 at all in my drive .

thanks for your support.

best regards 

Some of the drives we use have a multiplier built into the frequency command. For instance, to get it to run at 48Hz, we would send it 4800. This lets you send fractional commands.

I would expect that changing parameter 28 while it's running would cause the drive to change speed while it's running. What values have you sent to parameter 28? What is the minimum frequency parameter set to?

Let me back up a second. How is the drive supposed to receive its run command? From terminals, over communications, or from the front keypad? You said above that you pushed the button on the HIM to get it to start. Is that what you want?

If it starts/stops the way you want it to but doesn't change frequency the way you want (in other words, it always runs at 48Hz regardless of what the preset is set to), look at page 45 of that manual.

If it doesn't start/stop over comms (and you want it to), follow the process on page 41.

Does the drive respond to any commands at all over the communications link?

1 person likes this

Dear joe 

drive didn’t response for any command over communication link it give me stoped and still stoped until me push green button so the frequency go out and I can increase the frequency or decrease it from key bad HIM module 

I want drive respond for communication link .

Best regards 

Remon 

Ok, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what else to check other than the flow charts in the troubleshooting manual you linked. I don't know what kind of diagnostic tools exist for this protocol.

Just to check, if you tell the PLC to send a different value to parameter 28 (preset frequency) can you see that parameter change value from the HIM?

1 person likes this

Thanks my dear I will give you more details about my machine.it rotatable antenna .it have to sections low band and high band and this rotatable antenna can change it’s angle through plc system slc503 ,panel view 550 ,scanner card 1747sn ,3input module and one output module .

the scanner connected to drive through 1336GM1.

i can’t give plc system order for frequency above 48 . Not allowed 

i will update you when I get anew result .

best regards and a lot of thanks for your assistance.

Above 48Hz wouldn't do anything anyway since the max frequency in the drive is 48. Can the PLC issue it a speed command of 30Hz or some other value between 0 and 48Hz?

Yes I did it before but the same result drive stopped.

best regards 

The drive stopped when you sent a speed command other than 48Hz? Can you see parameter 28 change at the drive HIM when the PLC sends a new value to it?

1 person likes this

Dear joe 

I made some investagation and i catch some point 1- drive make out the frequency and give me stoped 

2-plc system didn’t see the drive when it working because I have rectangle in side my panel view give me feed back about the frequency of the drive it give me 0 and drive running.

3-I remove the cable between scanner and remote I/O and i give order for plc i found the drive also go out frequency and give me stoped.

4-I made as flow chart at page 41 and I didn’t found any stop owner set to 1 

also start owner didn’t give me any bit 1 when I give command .

so I expect the problem in side plc system because I set in the drive 

NO :111 DATA IN A1 :28

NO :119 DATA OUT A1 :66

so I want make sure about rs logix 500 it is the same channel but I don’t know way how I can check this option I don’t know the way .

thanks for your support 

best regards 

This photo during running the drive and must write for me on panel running in stead of stand still you can see 

best regards 

Remon 

2FBF050A-8137-4F0D-8AB7-28E349A1D0D1.png

Was there a component changed out recently or did the system just stop working? The dipswitch settings are critical I've worked on remote io on these drives. Are you positive the PLC is giving the command signal(view through software).   How are you viewing the command freq through  software or an HMI? .  One thing you could do is turn the minimum frequency up to like ten and try and start it to see if your issue is with the start and stop or with the frequency command. IF this is something you are trying to get to work post your code and we can see what's happening, I have files of some older machines with a similar setup.

1 person likes this

Dear jlolonergan 

This is rotatable antenna 

when my company received the project I found this rotatable antenna was dead 

1-the drive not working and fault 50 pole calc fault I

2-no communication between 1747sn scanner and remote I/O 1336GM1

3-panel view 550 give me alarm 24 and it didn’t loading 

I treat this problems through 

1-changing 3IGBT and changing at value of RPM for motor from 970 to 950

2- I went through Rslinx and Rslogix 500 and I made changed at g files to make communication between 1747-sn and 1336GM1 so the communication happen now .

3-i bring anew panelview 550and installed the software on it .and the rotatable antenna start functions work . 

4-The dip switch setting it is correct as industrial company recommended and if it wrong I will not get communication between 1747sn and 1336GM1 

5-yes when I give command all system working and the contactor go enable through any order 

6-yes I can see the frequency command through my soft ware and HIM module and both give me 0 and stoped 0.00HZ 

7-I will attatch two pictures one for dip switch and another for parameters in side drive 

8- my number +96550848236 I have honor to communicate with you 

best regards 

Remon 

766A8CD4-48DE-423C-815F-50CF19C92413.jpeg

B7CD2E6F-114E-4D49-899D-EAB1915551A7.jpeg

This covers your scanport device as well. Look at the command word on 4-6 then reference the logic in your plc program there is probably something making the stop command. Your dipswitch settings have you at address 1 and set to logical command. So If your Scanner is in slot 1 look at the O:1/0 for stop and O:1/1 for start. There may be an input from somewhere in your system not satisfied. 

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1203-um011_-en-p.pdf

1 person likes this

Dear /Jlolonergan

Thanks for your support 

i tried to searche about 0:1/1 but i didnt find it .

i am sorry for this . can you kindly help me in this i will attatch for you my file for this anntena . can you see it ?

best regards 

remon 

DA_LOK_1.RSS

What is hooked up to the serial port of the processor? There is messaging in the first rung of ladder 2 that needs to be working with the data that is sent is correct for the PLC to examine and make decisions off. The outputs from the previous post are being used if you double click(while online) the output file under data files and there is a 1 in O:1/0 it is telling the drive to stop.  If it were me I would reach out to the equipment manufacturer there may be some additional set up with your equipment as the PLC is probably doing what it was intended to do.

1 person likes this

Dear jlolonergan 

I am sorry for late reply 

hooked up with serial port another slc 503 for remote cabinet at the station building.but the local system didn’t response for remote cabinet I will check this problem later .

The manufacturer equipment didn’t have any additional setup . 

best regards 

Remon