SolidRio

FX3U-ENET connections

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

I've faced problem with the FX3U-ENET configuration. Enet module only have 4 MC connection at once. So i already have 2 Melsoft connection (GOT Panels) and 2 MC unpassive(read/send) for SCADA (Citect). Right now i need to add MAPS to this, but via connection that had given for Citect isnt working (Only one of them working at once). So is there any chance to connect 2 SCADA (Citect/Maps) via 1 connection (with read/send)?

By selecting UDP connection, you can connect several clients to the same socket (e.g. Citect/Maps...)

1 person likes this

I have so many questions on using UDP (never used before):

1. FX-ENET configuration - when you are changing TCP for UDP there will open 2 more setting: Target device IP and port. I have SCADA on 2 different PC (with different IPs) so which one i should write? And where i can check port that are SCADA using (Didnt see in MAPS or Citect this parameter)?

2. Drivers on SCADA side. At this moment i have FX TCP Driver in MAPS and MELSECNET1 in Citect. Should i change this cause i am using UDP now? 

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

1. Set IP to 255.255.255.255 (accepts all incoming IP's), and port to 65535 (accepts all incoming remote ports)
  2. I'm not sure how the SCADA setup looks like as I don't have MAPS or Citect... Can you find out if it's possible? Should be set to UDP and IP of the ENET module...

21 hours ago, kaare_t said:

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

1. Set IP to 255.255.255.255 (accepts all incoming IP's), and port to 65535 (accepts all incoming remote ports)
  2. I'm not sure how the SCADA setup looks like as I don't have MAPS or Citect... Can you find out if it's possible? Should be set to UDP and IP of the ENET module...

Hi, no problem, better late than never.

First question i already figured out from some of the manual. 

Main problem with second question i hadnt find UDP driver in MAPS (4) and in Citect (7.10) as well. 

On 09.08.2018 at 4:26 PM, Wasan said:

Hello. Thank for your advice, but i saw this manual when i have started set up connection between citect and fx3u and it cover only TCP/IP part of connection.

Edited by SolidRio

Maybe you should use Citect to OPC Server and use MAPS to be OPC Client.

I have been thinking about using OPC, but i never used it before. So at first i am trying to do this without OPC only with drivers within SCADAs.

Hi SolidRio.

With MAPS you can make a direct connection to the PLC. 

In your ENET Configurator you need to specify Initial Timing as Always wait for Open, IP address is the module IP address, Send frame setting is Ethernet, Enable Online Change and TCP Existence is Use the KeepAlive. 

Then in Open Settings you need to open/add up a (Protocol) TCP, (Open System) Unpassive, (Fixed Buffer) Send, (Fixed Buffer Communication) Procedure Exist, (Pairing Open) Disable, (Existence Confirmation) Confirm and (Host Station Port No) the port number you need. 

In the MAPS side you just need to specify the module IP address and the port number. 

For the Citect side, I am not sure. Sorry. 

1 person likes this

On 16.08.2018 at 5:49 PM, JanHrust said:

Hi SolidRio.

With MAPS you can make a direct connection to the PLC. 

In your ENET Configurator you need to specify Initial Timing as Always wait for Open, IP address is the module IP address, Send frame setting is Ethernet, Enable Online Change and TCP Existence is Use the KeepAlive. 

Then in Open Settings you need to open/add up a (Protocol) TCP, (Open System) Unpassive, (Fixed Buffer) Send, (Fixed Buffer Communication) Procedure Exist, (Pairing Open) Disable, (Existence Confirmation) Confirm and (Host Station Port No) the port number you need. 

In the MAPS side you just need to specify the module IP address and the port number. 

For the Citect side, I am not sure. Sorry. 

Hi JanHrust.

I did all the setting you have said. But without Fixed Buffer Communication: Procedure Exist (MC) it doesn't work (Connections are blinking and SCADA doesnt have connection to the PLC).  But in my efforts i've found that SCADA (MAPS and CITECT) only need 1 connection: TCP Unpassive Send OR Receive  Procedure Exist (MC) Disable Confirm and port. Before that i have been thinking SEND - for SCADA writing in PLC, and Receive for PLC giving data to SCADA. So i was wrong. If only 1 connection need - there is no need to go 2 SCADAs via same connection. Thank you for your advice.