5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

You can read my problem below, if anybody can help, please do it. Thank you.

So, I have 4 knife. You can set the cutting width for each knife separately. The problem is, there is a lot of size.

There is an example: No1 size:  #1: 20 mm, #2: 25mm, #3: 30mm, #4: 25mm   (#1=Knife1.......)

No2 size: #1: 22mm, #2:24mm, #3: 32mm, #4: 27mm

What is make the problem more difficult is There are plenty of type code too. Like X1, X2, X3, Y1, Y2, Y3 ..... This is the main material code. and you can choose the belogging size.

So you can select for X1 to No1 or No2 ... but you can select for X2 to No1 or No2 or any sizegroup you want.

I can solve it with a lot programming, like deal every possible situation ... but there is a lot time .... :S 

There is a touch panel where you can set the values. 

Anybody have another idea for this problem ?

Knife.PNG

I would first find out if there are certain setups/situations that will be the most common. It's possible that there are 100's of different possible setups, but only 10 will actually be used. Create some buttons, labeled "Recipe 1", "Recipe 2" etc that load the most common setups when you press them.

First of all thank you for your answer.

Actually the X1, X2..... are the recipes. So there are so much recipe. The thing is later maybe they want to change the values, so I think that is important that the size group should be separately. 

If you guys think that need a lot of programing for this problem, thats okay, I just thought that maybe anybody have a better idea than I have. 

Thanks a lot.

If I'm reading this right, each recipe needs to store 5 cutting distances each for 4 knives? That's really just 20 numbers per recipe. What kind of PLC is it?

Seconding what Joe said.  Using Studio 5000 I'd create the following:

1.  First create a UDT called Knife containing a Real for Cut Distance, A Bool[16} array for status, A Dint[4] array to be used as needed.

2.  Second a UDT called Knife_Set consisting of 4 Knife named Knife1, Knife2, Knife3 and Knife4.

3. Third a UDT called Master_Part consisting of 5 Knife_Set(s), a Dint[6] array for LastModifiedDate/Time, A Dint for ModifiedBy numerical code, A String for Part_Name.

Then you simply need an array of 100 or heck 256 Master_Parts.

Hope that's clear as mud or knife sharpening fluid.