Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GL3NN

Analogue Micrologix 1100

6 posts in this topic

Hi all im have a bit of drama with setting up a PID im using a Micrologix 1100 and expansion mod 1762-OF4 a telemecanique 0-10v ultrasonic sensor and a proportional valve 0-10v as I need the control the level of water in a tank what iv written isn't working i cant see any raw value on I:0.0 iv measured the out put of the sensor and im getting 0-10v out what am i missing please find attached some images 

kind regards Glenn

2018-07-17 (5).png

2018-07-17 (6).png

2018-07-17 (7).png

Edited by GL3NN

The embedded analog inputs have an address of I:0.4 and I:0.5. (I:0.0 is a digital input)

Also the embedded analog inputs have a resolution of 0-1023 raw data for a 0-10v input. (need to adjust your "SCP" instruction)

The snapshot you show , shows the controller in the "Remote Program" mode. (you did turn it to RUN?)

analoginputs_embedded.pdf

Edited by Mickey

Hi Mickey thanks for the highlighting the addressing issue im get getting a figure on I:0.4 now but only briefly as the goes into fault mode again straight away would you be so kind as to paste a completed SCP instruction with the correct values applied as ive gone and got myself in a complete pickle 

as always youre as star Mickey 

Kind regards Glenn

Edited by GL3NN

I would remove or disable the PID instruction until you get the analog input figured out. You should also figure out which value in the PID is causing the PLC to fault and do a limit check on it before using it.

1 person likes this

Input Min = 0

Input Max = 1023

Scaled Min = 0

Scaled Max = 16383

1 person likes this

Thank you guys i'll have a look at it now