Jinto

HMI With Function Keys For Q Series

8 posts in this topic

Hi,
I don’t usually do much work with Mitsubishi equipment but I have a project for a customer who wants to use Mitsubishi Q series PLCs but need a HMI with function keys as touch screens are not suitable for the environment. In the past they have used Beijer E1100s but I notice these are now marked for EOL so although I could still get one it doesn't seem a sensible option.

Looking at the Mitsubishi GOT range I think they are all touch screen and the new Beijer range also seem to have gone the same way, can anyone recommend a good HMI with function keys which will work well with the Q series PLCs?

What about using the GOT but connecting a USB keyboard (and mouse) for the function keys ?

Edited by Gambit

Hi,

Thanks for the answer but no I that's not going to work for us. they really just need a HMI with buttons on . the issue is the operators wear gloves, these get covered in ink and they don't take them off when they operate the equipment. That's why the touch screens are no good and a keyboard is not going to work. the old E1100 was perfect as it had control keys all over and they didn't have to touch the screen.

Hmm I see. Do you need many Keys?

Maybe it's easier just to add and IO module to the system Q (or CC-Link IE Field Basic IO module) and go old school and add some PUSH buttons on the cabinet.

Hi,

I'd rather not, there are quite a lot of functions and also numeric entry.  I was thinking that there must be someone out there making HMIs with buttons like the old E1100s?

Thank you I'll check them out.

Welcome