denise01

SR2 File Extension problem

3 posts in this topic

I have a new problem with my CX Supervisor and was wondering if you have ever come across it. When I converted our PCs to Windows 10 I had to change the Runtime icon from photos to Supervisor in Properties. This has worked fine and if the end of line pc reboots the Runtime automatically restarts. The pcs have updates done at the weekend and now upon rebooting the Runtime will not start as it reverts back to the photo format. I have changed the Open With to Supervisor but as soon as pc is rebooted it reverts to photo again. I have tried the Open with Supervisor File but once again on reboot reverts to Photos. It is just Windows 10 related as Windows 7 PCs okay.

Kind Regards

Peter

Hi,

Yes this has become a problem with Windows 10, and the Default Apps repeatedly hijacking the file associations. I also have problems with "Edge" grabbing the PDF extension rather that Acrobat Reader and drives me wild.

For CX-Supervisor is sound as described here How Do I Solve CX-Supervisor "Error Could Not Execute" and sounds like version 3.4 now uses .SR3 extension to avoid this.

Regards,

BB

Hi Berti,

Yes I have downloaded the latest version of Supervisor. Rebuilt the developer programme and saved to my start up short cut and all is well.

Kind Regards

Peter