Rob Nelson

NSJ-Holding Bit from HMI on after power cycle

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am using a push button bit from the HMI panel to turn on a DI to a robot.  This bit shuts off when the power is cycled.  I need to make sure this bit stays on unless the button is pressed again from the user.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this happen?  Thanks for any help in advance!

You could use KEEP instruction with H or D registers that will maintain status after power interruption. 

More detail on your configuration would really help us to provide relevant answers.

21 hours ago, b.k.n. said:

Or if you are using a NJ/NX controller check the "Retain" field on the variable. And toggle that "Retain" variable with you HMI.answer.bmp

@b.k.n. He is not using NJ/NX.  He is using an NSJ (HMI/PLC combo).

So, I am moving this to the proper area.

I am sorry. I am not very familiar with the NSJ and when I saw it in the Sysmac thread I just assumed that it was a NJ/NX.

4 hours ago, b.k.n. said:

I am sorry. I am not very familiar with the NSJ and when I saw it in the Sysmac thread I just assumed that it was a NJ/NX.

No worries, understandable mistake.  You were trying to help. 

Thanks guys, sorry for the mix-up  in location.  I got it working properly now.  Thanks again for the help!