PortenoSuenos

1756-EN2F

5 posts in this topic

Replacing a 1756-ENBT in a working system (6 years) that also uses a NTRON ENET to Fiber Optic (62.5 Multi-Mode) Media converter to a new 1756-EN2F

and I can no longer Ping the new 2F module (I also put the same IP, Subnet and Gateway addresses in the new 2F module using the USB port on the front of

the 2F module.

Any ideas why..??

Thanks,

Hi,

There should be 3 rotarty switches in the top of the module to determine the IP address. if they are set between 001..254 the module will use 192.168.1.xxx (rotary switch address).

If you wish to use an address outside the 192.168.1.xxx range, then the switches needs to be set outside that area (and also not 888).

Use the BootP or RSLinx to configure and disable the BOOTP/DHCP mode, otherwise the module will not save the assigned address.

I have put in 23 (twenty three) of these 1756-EN2F modules and have always left the rotary switches at the default 999 per AB Tech Support

and have had absolutely no problems what so ever.  See Tech Note that describes the setup of the 1756-EN2F for firmware version 10.010

I set the IP address, Subnet and Gateway via the USB port (RSLinx) on the front of the module before the module is put in its actual rack in place

of the 1756-ENBT.

I can ping the 2F Module when it is in a rack talking back to a Stratix 5400, but it will not talk back to a Dell X1052 managed switch.

Is it possible that the Dell managed switch is only allowing traffic from the original MAC address and not the new one?