Luka0204

Modbus TCP/IP iQ-R series

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have R04CPU (iQ-R series) on one side and on the other side is QJ71MT91 (modbus tcp/ip module). Is it possible to make communication between them (QJ71MT91 is master and R04CPU is slave)? iQ-R series doesn't have Modbus TCP/IP module, but is it possible to set modbus tcp/ip on built-in ethernet port of R04CPU, and how?

Best regards

Luka

You would have to do it vice versa. The RCPU will be the client/master and the QJ71MT91 will be the server/Slave.

You can use the pre-defined protocol to send requests via the buiklt in ethernet port to the QJ71MT91 module.

As Gambit states, it's not possible to use ModbusTCP Server (slave) in the R-CPU as of now. But if you must have it the way you are describing it (Q = Client/Master and R = Server/Slave), then you have to add some components in order to communicate between them. I would do the following if you "must" do it your way:

1. If you already purchased the R-CPU, then also order an Ethernet card RJ71EN71. Alternatively if you haven't purchased the CPU yet, just replace R04 with R04EN (which has 2 built-in extra Ethernet port that can be configured with CCLinkIE Field.
  2. Buy a Modbus Server (slave) <-> CCLinkIE Field gateway to convert between Modbus telegrams and CCLinkIE Field network;
    https://www.anybus.com/products/gateway-index/anybus-xgateway/detail/anybus-x-gateway-cc-link-ie-field-slave---modbus-tcp-server

Hopefully you haven't purchased the CPU yet, since you can just select the R04EN CPU with 2 extra built-in Ethernet ports which can be configured as CCLinkIE Field ports (or regular Ethernet ports).

Thanks for your answers.

I already have QJ71MT91 acting as a Master (to another PLC) and I am going to set QJ71MT91 also as a slave (if I am correct, QJ71MT91 can be a master and a slave at the same time). Then I will set built-in eth port on R04CPU to act as a Modbus TCP/IP master and hopefully that will work.

Regards

Hi once again,

communication between QJ71MT91 and R04 is solved in the following way:

- R04 = in GX Works 3 install library MEU_RCPU_ModbusTCP_00B and program R04 as TCP Server

- QJ71MT91 = set parameters in GX Works 2 under Intelligent Function Module

I have 1 question regarding the GX Works 3: In Module Parameter setting I needed to set Open by Program in Opening Method setting to work this communication. I also found in manual the following thing: "When changing the operating status of the CPU module from external devices (such as the remote RUN/STOP functions), select "Do Not Open by Program" for "Opening Method" of "Module Parameter". If "Open by Program" is selected, an execution of the remote STOP function causes the communication line to close. Consequently, the CPU module cannot reopen the line, and external devices cannot execute the remote RUN function."

Does someone encounter with possible problem from the quote or it works just fine with choosing Open by Program setting?

Regards

Luka

Why did you set the parameters using GX Work2 and not GX Works 3??? or is this a typo?

41 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Why did you set the parameters using GX Work2 and not GX Works 3??? or is this a typo?

It is the same, using GX Works 2 or GX Works 3 (Q/L/FX Series Compatible Mode) if you are programming Q-series PLC.