denise01

Data Memory Hold Function

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am transferring a monthly count of a product to a NS Screen. The count is held in DM 30101 and using Calendar Functions A351 etc the count is reset to 0 five seconds before the end of  each month and the value for that month is then moved to  an area so it can be viewed on the screen.  When DM30101 is reset it also resets the area that I am trying to use in the screen. Is there a way of transferring data so  that once it is sent it can be protected. I basically want to send that months total and preserve it in a memory area as a form of data logging.

Many Thanks

Peter 

Peter,

Looks like you are moving that memory continuously for a moment after resetting that memory. Try rising edge with your condition. 

Didn't work but I can slightly advance the timing of the move to the data area but as soon as the original area is set to 0 then so does the new area. I have been reading about LIFO Stacker but not sure whether or not this will fit my purpose.

Regards

Peter,

Could you try something like below? Just and idea

Capture.thumb.PNG.dd3a201d9bed0fedbdd1dd

That is my original idea but the sending of #0 also resets D3100.

Regards

Could you share a screen shot of your code?

Please find programme.

Relevant section is Count. I am using 356.02 to reset the total count for May in D30101. This is reset through the calendar at 2359 on 31st May. At the same time I want to send the monthly total in D30101 to D5001 to be displayed on a NS screen.

Regards.

FAO Forum.cxp

Sorry for the late reply.

I reviewed your code and in simulation mode it actually worked for me. But I moved reset rung to 23 after moving D30101 to D5001. PLC starts executing your rungs top to bottom. In your case you are setting 356.02 at rung 14. Moving to D5001 at rung 23 and resetting at rung 12. You are resetting before moving. This all happens in milliseconds and probably that is the reason. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.67b92179e193234e90a130