karimdehbi

How to connect cx-supervisor to PLC Omron

11 posts in this topic

Hello,I am a new member, I found that this forum is very active. I am a student and I am in period of internship, I must work on the  communication protocol of PLC omron For supervising , 
and now I find it difficult to realize the connection between cx-spervisor and the PLC omron its reference is CQM1H . thank you

Hi,

Connection should be very simple, whether using Ethernet, RS232 or Toolbus cable. Remember that CQ series uses FINS communication so you should choose CX-SERVER option for FINS (not SYSMAC GATEWAY for CIP/EIP).

If you have the CX-Programmer project, you can copy the settings, and even “link” them to CDM file for use by CX-Supervisor point Import function. 

You can also look at the COMMS demo installed with the product and adjust the settings to match your setup. 

I hope that helps, but if you get specific errors or problems please explain in detail and attach screenshots 

Regards

BB

1 person likes this

thank you for your answer, this is the first time I work with this software , what is the CQ series uses FINS communication,
can you show me the demonstration I will be very grateful , I have the CX-programmer. thank you so much 

I forgot to notice that They asked me in the company where I spend my internship to start with the serial connection 

regards 

KD

http://accautomation.ca/omron-cp1h-establish-communication/

http://accautomation.ca/omron-cp1h-advancedhmi-communication/

The above threads may be of some help to you in your studies. The first is establishing communication to the Omron PLC. The second is using AdvancedHMI to get data out of the Omron PLC.

The entire Omron CP1H series can be found at the following address:
http://accautomation.ca/programming/plc-basics/
Look for Omron CP1H Series.

Regards,
Garry

1 person likes this

Hello,

Does the fins communication will work for the PLC Omron its reference is cqm1h?

He'ill need a CQM1H-CLK21 module.

Garry thank u for your answer but i didnt find in the link that you send the steps to communicate this PLC with cx-supervisor , the plc that i have work just is a serial one 

Regards

Edited by karimdehbi

Hi,

So if you’re connecting to the peripheral port with a Toolbus cable then just configure CX-Supervisor to add your CQM1H device using Toolbus. 

What could be simpler :-)

Regards

BB