teal854t

panelviewplus newbie

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to upload from pvplus to our company laptop. I can't find rslinxenterprise after i started Me transfer utility. Am I doing it wrong? IP address is 192.168.1.20 for Pvplus. I can see it on Rslinx Classic. Please see attached jpeg image.

Thanks

transfer.JPG

In RSLinx Enterprise, you have to manually add each node from within View Studio. In the project explorer, select the "Communications" tab at the bottom. Right-click on the "EtherNet" driver and select "Add Device". In the dialog box, find the PV+ under "EtherNetIP Devices. Select the one with the firmware closest to your PV, but it doesn't have to be exact. In the "Device Properties" dialog that pops up, you can change the name if you want or leave it alone. Enter the IP address and click "OK". It should show up in the transfer utility now.

Be aware that you can upload the runtime file but if it's lower than version 5, or if the developer locked it, you won't be able to decompile or edit it. You can only transfer it to another HMI.

Can i go online to panelview plus like i go on line to plc with rslogix? How do it do it? There're a recipe screens on pvp and like to get screen shots of those.

Thanks

You can't go online but you can test the screen from with FTView Studio. It's kind of tricky if you haven't done it before, but if you can connect your PC to the same network the PLC and HMI are on, it's a lot easier.

First, set your "design" shortcut to match your "runtime" shortcut if you're on the same network. If you have to take a different communications route to get to the PLC from your PC as the route the HMI will use, make the "design" shortcut match the route your PC takes. Leave the runtime shortcut alone. In the project explorer, expand "RSLinx Enterprise" and open "Communication Setup". There will be 2 tabs: "Design (Local)" and "Runtime (Target). Click on the "Design" tab and set that up by adding nodes as necessary to build the path to the PLC processor. Leave the Runtime tab alone! Once finished, click "OK".

Second, go to the screen you want a screenshot of and use the play and stop buttons on the toolbar to test that display:

FTView_Play-Stop.PNG.58e91f522a649998aa2

Take your screenshot.

If it doesn't work, make sure you can ping the PLC and that your design path in the communication setup is correct.

Thanks again Joe E. I was able to do test, play and stop.

Thanks