Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ABlearner

Proface historical trend

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

I have an another question , I hope you guys can/want to help me.

I have some problem with an proface panel. I want to make a hisotrical trend, but when I want to select the channels (tags what I want to monitor) I can't select anything, because undetermined. I think I should set the tags kind of a buffer list, but I don't find it.

So my question is how can I set the tags. I can't changed it at all. If the answer is I need to make a buffer list, then where can I find it ? 

Thank you so much. 

What model of Proface?  What programming software?  What PLC platform?  What communications protocol?

Sorry. 

Proface GP 3000 series, GP pro 3.5, Allen bradley RS logix 5000, ethetnet IP protocol 

If I remember correctly

Thank you for your reply.

Edited by ABlearner

Do you have the user manual for GP Pro 3.5?  Every HMI has a slightly different way to creating a trend display.

In the case of Rockwell's FT ME you can selected tags directly from the tag database or a tag from within a data log file.

Since you stated that you wanted a Historic Trend, I would suggest that you need to create a log file within the Proface.  Most data log files are time or sample rate dependent, in otherwords, how often a value needs to be stored in the data log.  You need to be aware of maximum size of the file and the type of data such that you select an acceptable sample rate such that you don't exceed the storage capacity of your device.

At that point, you should be able to add a trend object and start assigning "Pens" with reference to a specific tag within the data log.

Could you post pictures of the various tabs of the object where you would configure the properties of the trend object?