Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asteroidehk

AB 5/04 and Lantronix UDS1100

4 posts in this topic

Hello Friends

I have a Lantronix UDS1100 connected to the serial port of the 5/04 CPU. The DH+ port is connectd to a PanelView. The UDS1100 Ethernet port is connected to a switch. 

Everything works ok but I have a issue, a PC is always connected to the UDS1100 to get some tags through OPC, so I cant connect my programming PC to access the PLC. I need to disconnect the UDS1100 from the OPC and connect direct to my programming PC.

Is there a way to have connected the OPC an programming PC at he same time?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by asteroidehk

Is this an ordinary UDS-1100 or a UDS-1100-IAP with Industrial Automation Protocols ?

General-purpose Serial/Ethernet converters work by allowing a device to use them as a "virtual serial port".    Your OPC server is probably running a DF1 Full Duplex serial driver on that virtual serial port, which is connecting to the serial port of the UDS-1100 just like it was a serial cable.   That's why you have to virtually "unplug" it.

The UDS-1100-IAP converts EtherNet/IP protocol to DF1 protocol, and allows multiple devices to use the serial port at the same time.    The OPC server would have to use an Ethernet driver, not a DF1 driver on a remote serial port.

This is also how the old 1761-NET-ENI module worked, and similar devices from Digi and RTA and LanTronix (the -IAP stuff) work the same way.

Hello

The device was an ordinary UDS1100 and was working like you said, a virtual serial port and the OPC running a DF1 Full Dúplex serial driver. Also, disconnecting the OPC I could see the PLC in RSLinx with a DF1 Driver.

Until now, I have gotten the UDS1100IAP, but it is working exactly than the UDS1100 (no IAP) I have added an Ethernet driver in RSLinx but I can not see the CPU. The ping command is OK

Also I have connected the UDS1100IAP with virtual serial port to the OPC and it Works OK, but I connect my programming PC and I can not see the CPU.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

Hello

I have talk to Lantronix support, unfortunately new UDS1100IAP  do not support Multi-Master DF1.

So, I can not use this device.

Then, I need to find another option to connect a OPC PC and Programming PC at the same time to a SLC 5/04

Thanks a lot :)