Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThePLCPeon

Issue Reading AD card buffer memory GX works2

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am using an FX3GE-24M PLC with two modules, an FX3U-4AD and a FX3U-4DA. 

My problem is regarding the FX3U-4AD (havnt moved past this to the other module yet) is I dont seem to be getting any changes in the buffer memory for input 1 when I apply a 4-20mA signal to the input.

I am using GXWorks2 and this is the code I use to specify current input on the 4 channels- see pic1.

Then I use the code in Pic 2 to mov the values from the buffer memory to a "working area" - see pic 2

I have been unable to add the extra intelligent modules to my project, I only seem to have one option which I have no idea what it is and doesent seem to be related to any of my modules.

I know in GX developer you need to add each extra card but I see no where I can do this here. The pic of the box/options I have when i select *add new intelligent module" are seen in pic3.

I have been using the FX series manual to get the correct code for this but I think It must be something to do with not having the modules specified in the project as I have followed the manuals instructions.

Any help is very welcome, thanks.

pic1.PNG

Pic2.PNG

pic3.PNG

I think you may be getting your analogues mixed up,

The FX3U-4AD & DA are add on units that attach to the right hand side of the processor, these use and are addressed via the buffer memories 'BFM'

The FX3U-4AD-ADP & 4DA-ADP are add on analogue units that attach to the left hand side of the processor, these are addressed via the special relay memories ie D8280, you can only use one of these analogue units to the left of the processor due to the built in onboard analogue channels.

I would suggest you download the analogue users manual (Manual number JY997D16701). This is an excellent manual to explain all manner of analogues with FX PlC's

Steve

2 hours ago, nehpets said:

I think you may be getting your analogues mixed up,

The FX3U-4AD & DA are add on units that attach to the right hand side of the processor, these use and are addressed via the buffer memories 'BFM'

The FX3U-4AD-ADP & 4DA-ADP are add on analogue units that attach to the left hand side of the processor, these are addressed via the special relay memories ie D8280, you can only use one of these analogue units to the left of the processor due to the built in onboard analogue channels.

I would suggest you download the analogue users manual (Manual number JY997D16701). This is an excellent manual to explain all manner of analogues with FX PlC's

Steve

Oh boy do I feel silly :/ you are correct, I have been looking at the FX3U-4AD-ADP instead of the FX3U-4AD manual.

I now have proper software setup and everything is reading/writing values fine.

Edited by ThePLCPeon

Don't feel silly, these forums exist for us all to help each other.

A lot of smart people on here but not one of them knows everything.