Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdnrookie

AB 1747-HSTP1 homing issue

8 posts in this topic

Good afternoon all,

So I'm stumped, we have working a SLC 5/03 with 1746-HSTP1 module running a automation direct STP-DRV 80100 driver and 34127D drive.

It is in command mode,(bit 15)

CW lS used (bit 0)
Home limit switch used (bit 4)
home prox used (bit 5)
pulse and direction (bit 10)

Word zero set for -31696

Everything works great except the homing option with prox. It always travels at base speed. What am I missing?

Being very new to this im surprised I got this far, lol.

I have read the manual several times over but clearly missing something.

Thanks in advance

Can you send it a commanded speed value?  Or can you parameterize in the drive, the value for moves and homing?

I can command the speed in cw/ccw jog and am almost at the point where ill just wire in another limit and use the ccw jog to bring it back.  I believe that its a setting im missing.  It looks like it must be configured to recognize the home prox and when it does it will allow me to use the commanded home speed, hit the prox and slow to base speed.

So I started over, the module shows that it is commanding a cw movement. but nothing turns?
I have attached the stepper manual and plc program.

We are using the advanced stepper drive (chapter 4),
I have the drive set for pulse and direction and wired according to page 62 (top diagram)

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated

base test.RSS

surestepmanual-with-advanced-system-(002)-55-71-1-5.zip

surestepmanual-with-advanced-system-(002)-55-71-6-10.zip

surestepmanual-with-advanced-system-(002)-55-71-11-17.zip

As with most SLC specialty modules, there is a certain amount of configuration required to use the module.

You'll need to read the user manual, http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1746-um121_-en-p.pdf

The module must enter a "Configuration Mode", be configured, then taken back out of "Configuration Mode" and back into "Command Mode".  Hopefully, at that point, it has a valid configuration and does not show an error on the module.

To make it do some action, certain bits in the Output file, must be set and/or unset and other words with valid values for your type of operation.

Your logic, each one is triggered, is attempting to overwrite the entire output file for each separate test.  Looking at your N29 file, seems like you are using groups of 10 words to hold various test or configurations.  Not sure each of your groups is configured to meet the requirements.

Your issue is with how the axis behaves when homing?  Please specify what the system is doing wrong.

According to your notes, you set Bit 4 ON (A Home Limit Switch is used) and you set Bit 5 ON (A Home Proximity Sensor is used).  These should be mutually exclusive...either 4ON-5OFF or 4OFF-5ON.

Right now its doing nothing??  After tearing everything down and rewiring, I cant get the motor to turn.  It shows on the module that it is commanding a cw or ccw command, but nothing happens.

I have hooked the drive up to its native software to confirm and all is well there.  I even hooked up the unit to a micrologix 1200 PTO output to confirm operation.

I removed bit 5, still no luck.

Post screenshots of your code.  Get access to an old-school analog scope, monitor the pulse train going out of the stepper module.  Break down the system into parts and try to verify that each part is doing their job...PLC code, stepper module, stepper controller, stepper motor.  The stepper controller should  be queued up and ready to home to limit switch then rotate CW or CCW based on the step pulses commanded.  Right now you are assuming the stepper module is homed properly and the CW or CCW light on should indicate step pulses are being sent to the stepper controller.

The 1747 Stepper control is open loop...tossing commands over the wall anticipating the other side will move.

Is the stepper module homing properly?