Madhura Magesh

Modbus-RTU communication omron to third party

11 posts in this topic

How to establish modbus-rtu communication with omron CP1E plc(master) and delta temperature controller(slave), i am using "modbus easy master" protocol but, and communication data's all are correct but i cant communicate, am sending the packet but the slave not properly responding.... any one give me a correct solution and send any sample program.

#Advanced Thank you.....guys

Thank for u're replay sir, am using CP1E is don't have Serial gateway and protocol macro it's only having Modbus-RTU easy master protocol am trying to connect delta temperature controller, plz suggest another solution to me like general modbus packet writing tips am using optional port as a rs485 communication 

8 hours ago, Madhura Magesh said:

Thank for u're replay sir, am using CP1E is don't have Serial gateway and protocol macro it's only having Modbus-RTU easy master protocol am trying to connect delta temperature controller, plz suggest another solution to me like general modbus packet writing tips am using optional port as a rs485 communication 

Ah, yes, you are correct.  Then you cannot use "Easy Modbus".

This will work is is using rs232c non protocol transmission function blocks.

you may have issues with this if you need handshaking as I don't believe it supports it like modbus easy master so I don't think it will work in point to point 232 but it will with multi drop 485.

You should set the dip switches on,on,on,off,on,on 1 through to 6 with the cp1w-cif11 or 12

documentation in English and French and a cheat sheet showing the setup between omron master and slave.

I have tried this and it works at least with the send register function x_10

It is pulled from the Omron  support site as Jpv seems to make a lot of the omron modbus function blocks.

Cheers Jono

MRTU_CPU_Master.zip

Modbus RTU Master(CP1L) to Slave(CP1L) RS485.pdf

12 hours ago, professor_jonny said:

This will work is is using rs232c non protocol transmission function blocks.

you may have issues with this if you need handshaking as I don't believe it supports it like modbus easy master so I don't think it will work in point to point 232 but it will with multi drop 485.

You should set the dip switches on,on,on,off,on,on 1 through to 6 with the cp1w-cif11 or 12

documentation in English and French and a cheat sheet showing the setup between omron master and slave.

I have tried this and it works at least with the send register function x_10

It is pulled from the Omron  support site as Jpv seems to make a lot of the omron modbus function blocks.

Cheers Jono

MRTU_CPU_Master.zip

Modbus RTU Master(CP1L) to Slave(CP1L) RS485.pdf

Tq sir u're replay very use full in my feature projects but now am using CP1E-N40DR-A only it not support  FB function so any another way.....? plz suggest

18 hours ago, Michael Walsh said:

Ah, yes, you are correct.  Then you cannot use "Easy Modbus".

oh then why Modbus-RTU easy master present in cp1e series plc's its not usefull ah...?

(sorry for ask this sir am also an Omron channel application engineer but its my doubt i want clarification)

1 hour ago, Madhura Magesh said:

Tq sir u're replay very use full in my feature projects but now am using CP1E-N40DR-A only it not support  FB function so any another way.....? plz suggest

Considering you've set the CP1W-CIF11 option board DIP Switches correctly (and also the PLC DIP Switches) you should be able to use the Modbus Easy Master function.

Post something what you've did so far (program maybe), and the Delta's register address that you want to read/write, then we may able to talk more.

5 hours ago, Madhura Magesh said:

oh then why Modbus-RTU easy master present in cp1e series plc's its not usefull ah...?

(sorry for ask this sir am also an Omron channel application engineer but its my doubt i want clarification)

I am sorry for the confusion that my post created.  There is a difference between the Easy Modbus link that I sent (which requires Serial Gateway functionality) and the new Modbus RTU simple master option.  The setting of the port is shown below:

5a9ffed1442aa_SimpleMaster.jpg.2af49e7fd

The Easy Modbus option that I provided a link to earlier in this discussion refers to using the Serial Gateway setting on the CP1L / CP1H processors (or Protocol Macro on other Omron PLCs).  With the CP1E, the serial gateway functionality was pared down to just the Modbus RTU simple master function.  This uses some different addresses, but similar functionality.

You can find more details on this functionality in Section 14-4 of this manual:  http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CP1/W480-E1-08.pdf

finally the project was completed by using the omron temperature controller  replacement of delta, communication method omron FINS network it works good but third party is very difficult.  Tq for ure replay sir......

but now also am little confused in that RS485-RTU simple master to third party devices 

further i will post some i am tried program details plz support me

On 7/3/2018 at 6:06, innoaloe said:

Teniendo en cuenta que ha configurado correctamente los interruptores DIP de la tarjeta opcional CP1W-CIF11 (y también los interruptores DIP PLC), debería poder utilizar la función Modbus Easy Master.

Publique algo que haya hecho hasta ahora (programa tal vez) y la dirección de registro de Delta que desea leer / escribir, entonces podremos hablar más.

Hola que tal te queria consultar algo, estoy tratando de comunicar el cif11 cp1h  lo estoy cargando con la configuracion del puerto de enlace serial como indica el manual pero me sale un error 82 que dice error de trama, si tienes info seria de gran ayuda. saludos.