sagcree

How to change Comm Settings in NTST

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

We’ve just got a system in with a NT30C. I am trying to connect to it using NTST v4.85.

I keep getting a time out error.

I’ve tried connecting to my computers serial port and a USB RS232 adapter.

The cable I’m using is self-built using the instructions found in the download section here.

I have a serial port sniffer program. When I set to the communication settings as described in the NT30C manual (9600, 7 data bits, even parity, 2 stop bits) and when I go into the NT30C RS232 check, I get the correct bit pattern back for the NT30C. Which tells me that my cable is good.

When I set the serial port sniffer program to sniffer mode and attempt to communicate with the NT30C via the NTST (by attempting an upload or set the time), the sniffer shows that when NTST opens the com port it changes the communication settings to 9600, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bits. And I get a time out error.

Even if I put the correct settings in the Windows Com Port Setting, NTST will still change it.

Is there a way to change these settings in NTST .

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

Welcome to the forum.

Most likely you need to change the port setting in the NT30.  Below is a link to the manual.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjkqInkmtXZAhUjgK0KHb0lC8EQFggpMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lakewoodautomation.com%2Fsupport%2Fmanuals%2FOmron%2FV034E15%20NT30%20NT30C%20Operation%20Manual.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3qwbsRkg5GLAPOiJws6uzU

See manual pages 77 and 75 (pdf pages 88 and 86) for information on accessing the System Menu and the Menu map.

Manual page 84 (pdf page 95) shows the port setting information.

Hope this will help.

Reloading my USB to RS232 adapter software solved the issue.

Thanks for the reply.