Richuk

Project Transfer Failed - E-Designer 7.2

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

We've been having problems transferring a project (send or receive) in E-Designer. To give a bit of background... I work in IT and my end user used to have full admin access to his computer but we have recently had to remove he's rights and since then he hasn't been able to talk to the HMI. We know there's nothing wrong with the HMI or laptop (when full access is granted) as it work perfectly.

I don't know much about E-Designer or the HMI\PLC's that our users connect to so I was hoping to gain a bit of knowledge here so I can work out what is going wrong.

When the user tries to transfer a project the errors come up (See Attachment) please note that it works perfectly when full rights on the laptop are applied.

Also, would any one know what exactly is happening in this process? I can see that E-Designer can see the HMI so there is a connection but clearly can communicate properly. Is it trying to download files somewhere the user doesn't have access to? is the OPCDriverConfig1.cfg info a clue?

Thanks for your time!

Capture.JPG

Hi Richuk,

As an IT man you could think of a 'local Admin' construction in the network. Add your maintanance personell in a group that can be administrator on dedicated production machines but not on the network it self. So if they login at the office network they are just standard users and if they need to install drivers etc. at this production machine they will have a login screen pop-up where they need to login extra with their network login name and pasword on a this local machine. This is how it works at our company on production machines.

I don't know how to set this up (external IT party made this for us) but as you are an IT man it should be a piece of cake with these standard Microsoft of Windows settings i hope.

Succes,

Theo V.

p.s. you can set the download driver checkbox at 'Never' to make sure the up and download is not messing up the existing drivers.

Edited by Theo V