Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Walsh

CJ1M to Movicon Interface from Message

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Im starting a project to interface a PLC function system and im still confuse about what protocole to choose to communicate (CJ1M CPU13) with Movicon interface by the way i have three PLCs with ETN and the others just the RS232C . The project is to interconnect 11 PLCs ( CJ1M CPU13) with a HMI in order to see the working process of the PLCs . 

I could use your help solving my problem.

@Stika Oussama From the looks of it, the Movicon supports the following drivers:

5a8da0fabfbcd_MoviconOmronDrivers.thumb.

So, when using the serial communications, you choose FINS Serial, which I am guessing would be Host Link on the Omron PLC side of things.  You will just need to match up the port settings on both sides.  Be aware that the cable is a special cable that you can purchase from Omron, or make using this pinout:

http://forums.mrplc.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14213

For EtherNet, if you do not have an EtherNet/IP module (EIP21 or built in port on CJ2H or CJ2M PLC), then you will need to use FINS Ethernet drivers on the Movicon.

Thank you for your reply .

I think that im going to work with  FINS Ethernet , i want to know what are the steps to follow  in order to configure FINS ethernet in OMRON CJ1M-CP13-ETN.