GL3NN

AB PV 800 compatible with Micrologix 1100?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all ive got PV 800 here and a Micrologix 1100 and they dont seem to be compatible the link below says they are but when im in CCW and try add the ML1100 to the project via selecting an existing device or one out the catalog theres no ML1100 in the catalog and when i select the add existing tab, i can see my ML1100 in the connection browser so click it and get the following message the selected device 1763-L16DWD B/8.00 is not supported?

If its not supported can anyone recommend a 7 or 10 inch hmi that is compatible and with free software as im already 600 notes down now

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/br/2711r-br001_-en-p.pdf

i don't think you can add Micrologix 1100 to CCW (at least  not with the  version 10 i use anyway) but PV 800 support modbus and you can use modbus  TCP or modbus serial to communicate... 

The PanelView 800 is specifically intended to work with Micro 800 and MicroLogix controllers.

This Knowledgebase document (1023307, access level Everyone) shows that you designate the protocol as Ethernet | MicroLogix/ENI and then designate the type of MicroLogix in the Controller Settings entry.

I just created a new PV800 project in CCW and set the communications under the "Setting" tab to look at a MIcroLogix 1100:

PV800-ML1100.thumb.PNG.b5957e4d895652680

Hi Joe E we meet again always a pleasure :0) thanks for that i think i maybe able to do it now

2018-02-16.png