Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harlock

WinCC Flexible: How to edit recipes?

4 posts in this topic

Regards! I have a new challenge to face.

I have a client that needs to edit from a computer
the recipes that WinCC Flexible screens emit.

I have noticed that the recipes are stored in several files of extension * .dat * .rdf and * .vdf.

How can I read and edit them from any PC without the need for Siemens products?

Thank you!

Are you trying to add recipes, edit existing recipes, or add recipe parameters? The first 2 can be done if you can get the recipes backed up to a memory device (MMC or USB flash drive). Just plug the MMC or flash drive into your PC and it's a CSV file that's easily read and edited. Then you have to restore it on the HMI. You can use ProSave to do the backup/restore, or if your HMI developer was kind there will be buttons to read/write the CSV file in the HMI runtime.

If those options aren't available, or if you want to add/remove parameters, however, I'm pretty sure you're out of luck without WinCC Flexible software.

1 person likes this

Actually I am trying to add recipes or edit recipes. In no case I was referring to adding parameters to a recipe.

These files can be read, edited and saved from the screen, but in no case are the extensions of these files * .csv.

The file extensions of the recipes are stored by me -as I have already mentioned- in * .dat, * .rdf and * .vdf.

What can I do to edit these files? or to create ?

If the original developer of the HMI project was kind, there will be a "new recipe" button somewhere in the recipe controls.MP277_RecipeScreen_circled.png.1d57c7aca

This button will create a new recipe. The "Save Data to SD Card" button is what generates the csv file. It's not there by default.

Edited to add:

You should be able to just touch the recipe values and type in a new value if it's enabled. It is possible when adding the recipe control to the screen to lock down edits. What we do is have 2 otherwise identical recipe controls overlayed on each other. The one on top is locked down and is made invisible when a user with enough access is logged in, revealing the one with edit capability.

Edited by Joe E.
Added info for editing the recipe parameters