Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Isabe

Slc5/04 And Pro Soft Mvi46-mnet

4 posts in this topic

I am applying the Prosoft MVI46-MNET Modbus TCP card to the SLC500 for the first time. Anyone have experience with this combo? Prosoft has sent an example ladder, but it isn't helping much. Thanks

What exactly do you want to do? I've used it, the Prosoft Card to read/write to flow computers using Modbus protocol in SLC500/03, 04.

I want to make a diesel engine generator set's digital alarm and run status (from a standard SLC input card) available to the Modbus TCP network. I also want to add analog signals from voltage and current transducers available to the Modbus network. I would use the server driver for this part. I also want to request data from a digital meter which reads multiple AC electric data (volts, amps, freq, pf, etc) with a Modbus Ethernet port. I'd use the client driver for this part. Since my post I've read the owner's manual to the Prosoft and it doesn't seem too bad. Just looking for any tips or any "heads ups" during programming. Thanks, Isabe

Does anyone on the forum know Dark Dog. He is unregistered; however, he responded to this post and has some info. I definitely could use. If anyone knows his E-mail address or if other aliases on this site, please reply. I am struggling with this ProSoft Modbus TCP through SLC interface card. Thanks, Isabe