Difrano

Panelview Plus filter displays based on physical location

4 posts in this topic

I got into a project were they have 20 panelviews plus 1500 around the building, and they want to be able to serrate the displays accessible by the users based on the physical location of the panelview, for example Room1 should not see room2 but can see room3, at this moment we have a complete application with all the screens that have been downloaded to all panelviews, in order to avoid maintain 20 different ME applications I would like to ask if any of you had this problem before or any ideas on how to go forward with it.

Thanks

What we do is use the animation to determine if the button to go to that particular screen is visible or not. Might try that?

Your on the right track. The PV programs will need to have an ID corresponding to the room it is controlling. This will be a setting from the PV. Then use the visibility animation as suggested above.  

As for the starting screen, set a tag in the PV program in 'Global Connections' - 'Display' - 'Remote Display Number'. Give each Display a unique number under 'Display Settings' - 'Display Number'. Then in the PLC, write the screen number if the screen ID equals 'x'.

Thank you guys!

You gave me a great idea!

Cheers