ETR Automazione srl

B&R Automation Studio 4.3 DLL error

3 posts in this topic

Hello, i have a problem with B&R Automation Studio 4.3 installed on PC W10. The software was installed without error and for a month it's was used with a new series of B&R's plc. From the end of December until now, only this version always return an error only in the windows events, when i try to lanch it. The error is about module mfc140.dll with 0x3b4c error code.
All software upgrades were do (Visual Studio and a SP of AS 4.3) without  results. B&R support can't re create the same conditions, so i must to use a different PC with W7 for use AS4.3. Someone have or had a similar problem ? Best regards, Ennio 

Have you searched to make sure that DLL file is on the PC?

Can you check a PC where it works and see if the size or file date are the same or different?

Quick Internet search led me to this:

The mfc140.dll file is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC package.

To resolve the issue:

1. Download the package from Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC.
  2. Install the package by running the downloaded .exe file.

Hello Crossbow, thak you for your reply. I had already done all thing that you suggested me, without good results. I also deleted all AS4.3's register in windows, uninstalled and reinstalled all packet many times. The error it's always the same but only in windows events.

The B&R support request me to send my PC to the factory for more test or  send a virtual copy with VM.

Best regards, Ennio

Edited by ETR Automazione srl