Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electric101

Adding 1756 16 point IO card added as DINT/SINT?

6 posts in this topic

I'm building a program from scratch for the first time in awhile and I'm noticing after adding an OA16 card that I have 32 bits of output data and the data type is a DINT.  I'm using version 30 now and when I open some of my older programs in ver.15 I notice those 16 bit cards are SINT and only have 16 bits of output data as I'd expect.  What gives, why am I seeing 32 bits for this 16 bit card?

I'm wondering if it's just something with the 1756 cards because when I add an ib8 point IO card it's just 8 bits.  If anyone has an idea I'm really curious about this now. 

I just added a 1756-OA16 card to my Studio5000 v30 project, and I got 32 bits too. Local:X:O.Data.0 thru Local:X:O.Data.31. Not sure why either. Maybe call Rockwell?

Hmmm....interesting. I added an -OA16 to a v30 project, a v16 project, a v15 project, and to a v10 project. In all 4 cases, the ~.Data tag showed up as a DINT. I wonder why your experience was different.

well when i really looked back it was only ever a DINT on 1756,   my 1769's are SINT.   so what the hell do you do with the other 16 bits on 1756? lol 

15 hours ago, electric101 said:

...so what the hell do you do with the other 16 bits on 1756? lol 

You can't really have a party with them...

Edited by Joe E.