andrewp

MNET to OMNI

5 posts in this topic

Good morning all, does anyone have any experience communicating to an OMNI Flow Computer through a MNET card, Im getting data back but it is not what i expected.  Should I be using Enron/Daniels? Byte Swapping? Thanks

I’m traveling at the moment so I can’t look at what I’ve done in the past, but as I remember it, Omni uses standard Modbus protocol. I haven’t used an MNET card in a long time. Red Lion DSPGT’s work as well and cost less. 

OMNI has a nice little free modbus polling program. You could poll a register, view it in bytes or bits, compare it to what you are seeing

Omni has some registers that are regular MODBUS and other registers that are Enron MODBUS. Omni produces the "MODBUS database addresses and index numbers" user manual for the flow computer/firmware revisions.

For example:

example.png

Depending on the register index, requesting 1 register could get you 1, 2, 4 or 8 words (1 word = 16 bits).

Edited by Mark-

Ok, so, it looks like the floats have to be "word swap" when you set up the commands in the MNET. Problem solved. Thank you fellas

Has anyone written a string to an OMNI via MCM-MVI56?