3 posts in this topic

Hello

I have a SLC5/05 and a Microscan MV40 smart camera which receives commands to a TCP port. Is there a way the LSC 5/05 can send a command to the camera using the MSG instruction or any other instruction? I would appreciate any advice 

I don't have direct experience with the MV40, but MicroScan's datasheets suggest it supports some features of the EtherNet/IP protocol, which is partially supported by the SLC-5/05 controller.

Do you know what firmware revision you have in the SLC-5/05 ?   If it's a "Series C" controller with the 10/100 MB Ethernet daughtercard then it can accept flash upgrades to (or might already) support some more advanced CIP Generic messages, otherwise it will rely on the MV40 to accept "PCCC" style messages with SLC-500 data table emulation.

What the SLC won't do is send generic ASCII strings over Ethernet to a specific TCP Port number.  You would need a gateway device to do that.

You'll probably have to go direct to MicroScan to get details on their EtherNet/IP implementation.

Thank you Ken

Some at Microscan told me that I could send explicit messages to the camera, but it seems that I need to upgrade the firmware of the controller, currently I have FRN 8, and to use the EEM instruction I need FRN 10 or higher, right? I'll try to make the upgrade and read more about the explicit messages from the SLC to the camera.