Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Allen82686

HELP! Wiring 1214C DC/DC/DC CPU

4 posts in this topic

I am currently finishing my A.S. in Engineering Technology.  My Capstone course is to wire up a complete S7-1200 system using a 1214C DC/DC/DC CPU.  There have been no courses that have explained exactly how they are wired.  Only programming, which I am pretty good with.  There is a 120VAC to 24VDC power supply.  They want it to be wired to switches and lights for a simulator.  I am just not sure exactly how the I/O's are wired.  Is is sinked or sourced?  As far as I know, one sends the ground to the output, and one sends the 24v to the output.  I would love to speak with someone on how to wire this, as once I graduate, this is what I want to be doing, but I am stuck in a hard place as none of my classes taught us how to wire the PLC's and even worse, the programming class was all about AB PLC's.  I have not learned about Siemen's at all.  They should be pretty close to the same, but I know there has to be some differences.  Also, how they have it set up, there are 2 power supplies on the plastic panel just to the left of the picture.  This seems to me as this is a sinking I/O.  Am i off?

PLC.jpg

Hello, the Photo is a little bit dark,  I can't read the marking. anyway Please try to check the attached picture, it might help you.

Introduction-to-S7-1200.jpg

Edited by Jairus
1 person likes this

So the l1 is going to be the input from the power supply, correct?  since the supply is a 120vac in/24vdc out, i would run the 24v to the input of the cpu since it is the dc/dc/dc model.  Then the #4 is going to run the power to my PB's or toggles, and then back to my inputs so when the switch is pressed, it will activate that input.  am i on the right track?  Then the outputs, im not sure what exactly i need to do.  power to the 1 &6, which leaves 6 lights all wired to a neutral?

On 1/5/2018 at 0:29 AM, Allen82686 said:

So the l1 is going to be the input from the power supply, correct?  since the supply is a 120vac in/24vdc out, i would run the 24v to the input of the cpu since it is the dc/dc/dc model.  Then the #4 is going to run the power to my PB's or toggles, and then back to my inputs so when the switch is pressed, it will activate that input.  am i on the right track?  Then the outputs, im not sure what exactly i need to do.  power to the 1 &6, which leaves 6 lights all wired to a neutral?

Hi Allen,

Yes, your CPU is taking 24VDC as incoming power supply. Jairus's photo is another CPU modal.

https://www.sahkonumerot.fi/2702074/doc/technicalinfodoc/

CPU1214C.pdf