ahmetnoktacom

Compactlogix PLC read/write data Excel via Ethernet/IP

12 posts in this topic

hello,

I have Allen Bradley 1769-L27ERM Compactlogix CPU. I want to connect,communicaton, read and write data between PLC&excel via ethernet/IP. 

I have found some things what is about controllogix plc & excel. I have tried it but it wasn't work with compactlogix, also I am not sure that it is work with controllogix.

I need help, thank you...

Edited by ahmetnoktacom

Thanks AndrewG,

I have checked the links. First one is about rslink. Can do it withour rslink? Because, I have rslink and all rockwell software (studio5000,rslogix5000,factorytalk,rslink and license etc..) but some pc has no software and license. can I use as a free rslink, download on internet, I dont know is it possible?

If possible, I want only excel & allenbradley. if rslink can be used free depend on permission of Rockwell, your first link is ok, I will try it. also the second link looking like same.

But I have rslink classic lite, so it is not possible for me to use rslink dde/opc. 

Edited by ahmetnoktacom

A couple years ago, I read data from a Compactlogix 1769-L32E to Excel, basically using the method in the first link. This method should work Ok with your Compactlogix. I think your issue is, it will not work with RSLinx Lite. Sorry, I can't try your zip file on my work computer.

I watched the video, it looks like this method uses Advanced HMI communication software instead of RSLinx. Sorry, I don't have time to test this method. Have you tried it? If you tried it and can not get it to work, maybe ask at the Advanced HMI support forum here: http://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/

1 person likes this

A few years ago (ok, about 8 or so), I made a program to get data out of a MicroLogix PLC using an add-on to visual studio. It may have been Advanced HMI but if it wasn't, it was something very similar. It worked well. I may still have the software I wrote, but it will be in an older version of visual studio and it talked to a MicroLogix over the serial port so I don't think it would be useful for you.

As mentioned before you can use AdvancedHMI.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/
The software has the following AB drivers:
- Allen Bradley DF1 RS232 Driver
- Allen Bradley Ethernet/IP Driver for SLC,MicroLogix, PLC5, ControlLogix, and CompactLogix

Here is a post on how to get information from Excel using AdvancedHMI:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=95614

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,
Garry

Thanks all, I don't know what is AdvancedHMI, I heard first time. I can learn but I have a question. Does AdvancedHMI need a license?  I will use it at the industrial system, license can be problem for me. 

5 hours ago, ahmetnoktacom said:

Thanks all, I don't know what is AdvancedHMI, I heard first time. I can learn but I have a question. Does AdvancedHMI need a license?  I will use it at the industrial system, license can be problem for me. 

I've never used AdvancedHMI before but their website says their software is free

http://www.advancedhmi.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1
This link will take you to the FAQ of the AdvancedHMI website. Here is the answer to the licensing.

Q: How is AdvancedHMI licensed? 

A: In summary, the freely available version can be used and distributed without fees. The project is under GPL which means projects you develop and distribute to end users must make source code available to them. The graphics are copyrighted and can only be used in AdvancedHMI projects. The DLLs can be distributed with projects, but can not be separated to be used in applications other than AdvancedHMI. 

We do not allow the use of the base components to be used in any other software packages, however if you are interested in the controls, we develop custom versions to be used in your own software packages. Eventually we will also license the communication drivers to be used outside of AdvancedHMI. You may contact us for information.

Regards,
Garry