whyme

Mapping one PLC into another.

9 posts in this topic

I am looking to map an FX2n's I/O into a second FX3u PLC on a local PLC to PLC link.  I was wondering which interface unit I could use to make this happen.  Would it be a LAN link, RS485 or Fieldbus of some sort?   I have no preference at this stage.

Thanks in advance.

Sorted.  Going to use a LAN solution using fixed buffers to share data between PLC's

rs 485 N:N would be easier

Thanks Gambit - I will look into that.  

Besides the FX2N doesn't support ethernet. If you have an Got HMI connected to both it could also do this job.

rs 485 N:N would be easier

I agree - absolutly the quickest and easiest way to do this. Simple to set up and bulletproof.

9 hours ago, Gambit said:

Besides the FX2N doesn't support ethernet. If you have an Got HMI connected to both it could also do this job.

Really?  I know you can get LAN modules for the FX2n so they must only be for slave operation via the MC protocol.  My plan was to always have an FX3u in the system so that it could act as master and map the FX2n.  A pretty simple requirement I would have thought, although I admit I have yet to get to the bottom of it.  

There was a module which just changed the serial connection to ethernet But I doubt you can still get them.
For the N:N network you only need a few lines of code. 

This is all you need to do for the program. In your case only one slave and that station would be station 1

master.JPG

Slave.JPG

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Thank you Gambit.  That gives me a good leg up.