Kassius

NA-series password change

14 posts in this topic

I’m looking for an option to be able to change the user login passwords on a NA HMI with a screen button or with the PLC. Is it possible? VBA code needed?

I know there are login and logout options to be set to screen button but I can’t see anything for password change other than through Sysmac Studio

Users can be managed from a built-in screen in the system menu.

2 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Users can be managed from a built-in screen in the system menu.

Thanks for your answer!

Any way the passwords can be written with the PLC? Are they variables in the HMI maybe? Can it be done with VBA code?

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:05 PM, Kassius said:

I’m looking for an option to be able to change the user login passwords on a NA HMI with a screen button or with the PLC. Is it possible?

You can with a screen button. Select the button then choose Events and Actions. Set the Action to Login(). You can also create another one to Logout().

I don't believe there is a variable for the password but you can control the User and the Role. The User is "_HMI_CurrentUserName" and the Role is "_HMI_CurrentUserRole".

23 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

You can with a screen button. Select the button then choose Events and Actions. Set the Action to Login(). You can also create another one to Logout().

I don't believe there is a variable for the password but you can control the User and the Role. The User is "_HMI_CurrentUserName" and the Role is "_HMI_CurrentUserRole".

He said he already knew the login and logout, wanted user management.  That's only in the utility menu.

Just now, Crossbow said:

He said he already knew the login and logout

I see that smaller font now. Guess its time for new eye glasses. :doh:

Just got mine ;)

On 12/15/2017 at 8:35 PM, Kassius said:

I’m looking for an option to be able to change the user login passwords on a NA HMI with a screen button or with the PLC. Is it possible? VBA code needed?

I know there are login and logout options to be set to screen button but I can’t see anything for password change other than through Sysmac Studio

Hello Kassius

Did you find any way to do it?

if I put a button that bring user to system menu for changing password, so user can access to any place also. this is not good as security issue.

Hello,
for more ease of use (adding person) I just made the whole on a text file with VB . On the screen with a pop up, I can directly add a person, their password and role.

3 hours ago, sergeFR said:

Hello,
for more ease of use (adding person) I just made the whole on a text file with VB . On the screen with a pop up, I can directly add a person, their password and role.

That's very nice!

Would you care to share your solution with the rest of the forum members?

17 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

That's very nice!

Would you care to share your solution with the rest of the forum members?

i'll try with my poor English ^^

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 5:19 AM, sergeFR said:

I just made the whole on a text file with VB

You can share a screen shot of your VB code. VB code should be a universal language.

i made a popup for set : name , his own psw , check the role ( automatically set the psw role )  and call "enregistrement_nouvelle_personne" .

and an other popup for Login , just write the own psw  and  call "OuvertureSession" for looking ,in the file.txt ,the role .

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

2 people like this

Thank you for your contribution!

I see this operation requires a USB device. I assume it would perform with an SD card as well(?). I wish the NA5 would allow us to utilize a file in 'Resources' for small text files.